HybridZ

280zx or 300zx Turbo CV Axles

SRRTz

I'm getting tired of the vibrations and broken U-joints associated with the stock half shafts so it's time for an upgrade. I'm looking for a pair of CV axles from either a 280zx turbo or a 300zx turbo. Post here or PM me about anything you've got.

Thanks in advance!

i would go with 280zxt as the next step up. 300zxt cv joints seem to be getting harder to find. i ran 280zxt ones for a while with no issues but when i had custom stubaxles made (cause i was snapping them) i figured it was a good time to switch to 300zxt cv joints. 300zxt are suposed to be a lil stronger but the 280zxt ones held up fine for me. im having a hard time finding a back up set of 300zxt cv joints. 280zxt ones are slightly easier to find and will hold up to good hp. i know i have a set of 280zxt cv joints that just need rubber boots and the mating companion flanges if you like? 

silvermine motors just put an add up for a set of 300zxt cv joints. i actually just found that rock auto sells new ones. i ordered them, they were cheap too. ill let you know if they are right. sometimes those things are too good to be true. ill probably get non turbo ones even though it says they r for turbo cars.  

I came close to ordering a pair of those Rock Auto axles too. My fear is that they length and bolt pattern will match up but the splines on the center axles will be a "standardized" pattern that the new manufacturer uses, therefore keeping us from being able to swap in the proper length aftermarket shafts. I'll be interested to hear now they look though, if they seem to be legit I'll for sure pick up a pair just to have as spares. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a pic of the rockauto cv joints for z31 turbo. They look great other than the one in the bottom of the pic has a longer shafts that goes into the diff. I'm wondering if that's gonna be ok. The ones in my car are fine and I don't like fixing things that aren't broke so I'm afraid to try them. Hoping someone can tell me if this is ok?

2017-09-17 17.31.42.jpg

That's normal, a long and a short.  Although, with the VLSD diffs, the long one is a lot longer.  Can't remember the actual measurements.  Better check, the parts stores have been known to sell the wrong shafts.  300ZX's came with VLSD's in later years.

Edit - just remembered that the VLSD's came with a different spline count also.  Count your splines.

Edited by NewZed