HybridZ

TRYAGIN turbo ls swap

Today will mark the day in which I start my ls swap on my 78 280z. I resently sold my 09 ctsv that was making 750 to the wheels wanting to make the same power but in a lighter body .The car was resently painted yesterday in which I will finish up and then pull the motor. Should have pulled motor first I know but o well. My goal is to have a fun Street car making 7-800hp. Motor wise I am still indiscive about which to go with 4.8 5.3 6.0 as well as transmission. Your input would be greatly appreciated!

post-54890-0-90277600-1503179833_thumb.jpg

post-54890-0-12381300-1503179969_thumb.jpg

Edited by JDs78

7-800 hp is a handful of a street car.... Your Datsun chassis will need some reinforcements with that kind of power not to mention brakes, suspension, axles, etc..... Personally I'd plan everything else before that kind of motor/power, but I always enjoy reading another build. I'm running an NA 5.7 LS1 T56 6 speed and it's a riot on the street and track at 1/2 the power you're shooting for. Good luck, this is great place to start your research.

nice color! i agree with trackzpeed, my ls swap is 400whp and any more and im just spinning. but more power to you if thats what you want. if your boosting it pretty good i hear all kind of good things about the iron 5.3. if you want to mantain the great weight balance then go with the alum 6.0. also on a budget, the 5.3 iron is alot cheaper. but if you can afford it i say the 6.0. goodluck!!! they are a fun car to drive with LS motors.

post-24014-0-45149800-1503317951_thumb.jpg