HybridZ

Hoke Performance LS2/T56 install starts today.....

Very nice, steady progress!

I installed my FPR in a similar spot to your sump. You probably already know this, but you can swap the fuel rails with very little effort and place the inlet over on the passenger side instead.

Having a set of Hawks headers myself, they're probably overkill for my current NA application, and they definitely made running dual exhaust fairly challenging, but I love 'em anyway. They look outstanding, sound outstanding, and future proof the car for any extra goodies I decide to add. That said, getting them in is quite the challenge. If you decide to go with them, also make sure to fully loosen your steering rack, and place the rod in-between the two primaries before tightening down the rack or drivers side header.

PS -- I'm soooo jealous of your remote transmission bleeder, which I neglected to even consider until I had the motor and tranny bolted down. :wacko:

On 9/29/2017 at 10:39 AM, mrk3cobra said:

BrandenZ, are you happy with how far down the Hawk headers hang. Some of the pictures I have seen looks like they hang down lower then I want. That is the only reason I am thinking of making my own. I want the maximum road clearance as possible.

Pete

Hey Pete, you pretty much nailed my only complaint with them. The collectors are the lowest point on the car, and if you plan to spend a lot of time on the street, you'll definitely have to be extra careful. In my case, my Z sees mostly autox / track duty, and usually I trailer it. That said, I just got back from a 500-mile trip up to Deals Gap to Asheville and back home and had 0 issues on any of the surface streets or entryways...

The only problem I had was the oil pan rested on the Ubolt bracket on the steering rack. I think I will trim some of the bracket and add a washer on top of the motor mount to raise the LS2 by 1/8". I think it will clear, or I can do what Austin suggest and remove the Ubolt and bracket and run without it.

Pete

20171003_161218.jpg

20171003_161302.jpg

That's odd. I had no such U-bolt clearance issues. In fact, due to steering rod placement adjustments that I needed to make with the Hawks headers, I actually had to loosen and move it with the motor installed. Did you use both sets of washers included in the Hoke kit? If so, I'd probably just add a 2nd set to both sides. Bonus: that'll get your exhaust a bit higher. :D

Maybe so. I received the same and also installed one on the top mount and one on the bottom on both sides. Well, the install looks fantastic aside from that one blip! An extra washer or two on both sides should do the trick.

BTW -- Is that an underdrive pulley on the crank?