HybridZ

Hoke Performance LS2/T56 install starts today.....

Yesturday was the first shake down of the 240Z. I put about 20 miles on the car, this is by far the fastest car I have ever owned. Faster then the Cobra kit I built that had a 302 with a supercharger. Faster then the twin turbo Nissan 300zx. The T56 came from a 2006 with the LS2. 

Make sure you don't forget the brake pedal Clevis  pin retaining clip. I forgot and pedal went almost to the floor.

20200402_181516.jpg

Edited by mrk3cobra
update

Congrats!!!! Mine is also a 2006 LS2 / T56, and I completely agree with you on on the sensation of speed. I've had friends tell me it makes them borderline car-sick. I do not have any issues shifting, aggressive or otherwise, in any of my gears btw. Are you running a bigger clutch master cylinder? Are you sure you fully, fully bled it? My engagement is very firm and very close to the ground. Either way, for now you should just enjoy the car for a bit, you've earned it! It's a strange time to be completing a project that just begs to be driven, with all autox / track events shuttered... but at least the streets will be mostly empty for you! 😎

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finished the AC system today. Charged the system with Freon and took the car on a long drive. The car performed fantastic. I love the EPS steering felt like a modern day sports car. The car is blowing 38 degree air on a sunny day. I will have to wait until this summer to see how it does on a 95 degree day.

Anyone thinking of installing electric power steering I would say go for it, I  love how the 240Z drives with power steering.

I will now dial in the brakes. I have a willwood adjustable proportional valve on the rear brakes that I can adjust.

Edited by mrk3cobra
update

• 1 month later...

Finally got the brakes working like I want. I started off with a dual 7" brake booster with a 1" Wilwood master cylinder. With this setup the brakes would not stop as well as I wanted. I could not lock up the brakes. I first tried to change the master cylinder to a 7/8" with the 7" dual brake booster. The brakes had a little better stopping power but the pedal travel was to much. With both setups the best pressure I could get at the brake cylinders was 800 PSI.

I then changed the master cylinder back to the 1" Wilwood and installed a 8" dual brake booster and the brakes perform fantastic. I can lock up the brake and have tons of stopping power. I now can get 1200 PSI at the brake calipers.

My front setup is Silvermine motors  stage 4 front brakes that have 4 piston calipers, and the rear is Silvermine motors stage 4.

• 3 weeks later...

The car is now 100% complete, just finished using HP tuners to set electric fans to come on at specific temperatures.

I have driven the 240Z 150 miles working out all the bugs. Sure is nice to drive LS2 240Z with AC, power steering and great brakes. The car drives fantastic.

I will post some good pictures next week.

Edited by mrk3cobra
update

• 1 month later...

Looks like I may be selling the LS2 240Z. Any suggestions on the best place to sell the car. Not in any hurry want to get the best price I can. I have a lot of money and time in this build. I know I will never get back what I put into the car. Any experience sellers know what I could sell the car for. I am not looking to give the car away, if it takes a year to sell I can wait.

Pete

Your  build is 100% Bring A Trailer worthy! I'd advertise there and set a high enough reserve to where you won't be disappointed if that's all you get. I have no intention in selling mine, but I'll admit I'm very curious to know what kind of a price a well built LS2 240z ends up going for.

I suggest Bring A Trailer too.  Don't know if there are any fees for sale so check.  If so, then there are other auction sites also.

Facebook Market Place and Craigslist will broaden your market but that opens you up to flakes, and low ballers.  Keep your contact info limited to email to sort out the jerks. 

• 4 weeks later...

This is none of my damn business, and if you tell me that I won't be offended....

Having said that, I am curious why you decided to sell it?  Did you find that you enjoy the build/project more than you do having/driving the result?  I ask because I think I have a bit of that in me.  I like the planning and execution of a project, then tend to become bored with it when I am finished.