HybridZ

Where to get exhaust valves for mild race engine?

turbogrill

I wouldn't cheap out on Valves. Bad place to try and save money. Cheap valves can drop a valve head = $$$$ 

Edit: SI Valves are good, Ferrera are excellent. Manley used to make excellent SS valves for Nissan. They may still make them, but not listed in current catalogs. If you can find NOS Nissan valves, they are very good quality as well. 

Edited : Sorry about the SI Valve info. It was SuperTech that I was thinking of. Very popular in Audi/VW Turbo engines

Edited by Chickenman

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 1:56 PM, turbogrill said:

I ended up getting valves from DatsunSprit, not the expensive DSI but the other ones he sells.

Not sure what brand but I trust that it's good quality, I think he uses the same for his less crazy builds.

Datsun Spirit makes great engines and I recommend both fully built engines from them as well as their parts they sell for those willing to try to DIY.  I have two of their engines, a Stage II mild engine for my wife and a 3.0 liter bottom end which uses a DL Potter ported head and Datsun Spirit cam.  I think they are the best Datsun builders now that Don Potter has passed.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, clarkspeed said:

Note on SI valves. My head builder always has to straighten them before install. If you do that, they work fine. Ferrara and Manley were custom last time I checked.

Wow, interesting. I guess that explains my smoked valve guides. :)

FWIW, I ended up going with OEM exhaust and Supertech Intakes by recommendation of Dave Rebello.