HybridZ

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

Jeff says the cage makes it hard for tall people to fit? Shocker!? :-P

Jeff, if you haven't seen the Driven Daily S30 build, check it out on youtube. Jesse is a long time friend whom I met because of these forums, and he had a heck of a time designing a cage that works well for seat placement, and I think he's a couple inches shorter than you... 

That said, we all love the videos. Keep them coming! I know the videos help keep you on task and motivated, but they also help others stay motivated too. No Pressure....

16 hours ago, Gollum said:

Jeff says the cage makes it hard for tall people to fit? Shocker!? :-P

Jeff, if you haven't seen the Driven Daily S30 build, check it out on youtube. Jesse is a long time friend whom I met because of these forums, and he had a heck of a time designing a cage that works well for seat placement, and I think he's a couple inches shorter than you... 

That said, we all love the videos. Keep them coming! I know the videos help keep you on task and motivated, but they also help others stay motivated too. No Pressure....

He is shorter than me ;) 

Edited by Home Built by Jeff

I'd forgotten about that meetup! Thanks for the reminder of just how short Jesse is. By contrast I'm a hair under 6'. If I ever cage my 280z I think I'm going to have to cut into the  B pillar to bury the main hoop as far out as possible.

I understand why you call it the 680, but I think you should call it the 710, as that is the conversion of fluid ounces to milliliters....I like fluids, like beer.  BTW, I REALLY like the the color, purists be damned.  As a matter of fact I saw no negative comments about the color.

Edited by SleeperZ

8 hours ago, SleeperZ said:

I understand why you call it the 680, but I think you should call it the 710, as that is the conversion of fluid ounces to milliliters....I like fluids, like beer.  BTW, I REALLY like the the color, purists be damned.  As a matter of fact I saw no negative comments about the color.

I think of ounces more as a measure of weight, but that is because we don't use them, so I have no idea. My brain just went to the converter on my phone and it cam out with 680 or 680g as I may call it ;)

Funny, watching your video cause I'm going threw the same struggles like sanding, then sanding, then sanding, etc..and missing the fact that u wont get the edge of the cowl painted when the car is assembled, and just having to deal with it...its real life struggles your having... I'm frustrated with sanding and there might be a thing or 2 that are not perfect but watching your videos make me relieved I'm not the only one....great job!!!!

Bought couple of your shirts(one for me and one for the wife) to try to do my part to support the cause....

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2018 at 6:59 AM, G-Tech said:

Funny, watching your video cause I'm going threw the same struggles like sanding, then sanding, then sanding, etc..and missing the fact that u wont get the edge of the cowl painted when the car is assembled, and just having to deal with it...its real life struggles your having... I'm frustrated with sanding and there might be a thing or 2 that are not perfect but watching your videos make me relieved I'm not the only one....great job!!!!

Bought couple of your shirts(one for me and one for the wife) to try to do my part to support the cause....

Thanks mate. My paint job is still not perfect, but it is all about taking your time. You will do fine if you don't rush it ;)