HybridZ

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

Jeff, it's just a switch...  The easy way to test the fuel pump is just to "jumper" the oil pressure switch temporarily.  Pull the wires off the switch and connect them together.  That'll give the fuel pump relay the impression that the engine has oil pressure (the switch is "made"). 

I winched a little when you first mentioned "2 green wires" to the fuel pump - I knew only one of those was power to the electric fuel pump...  Ground (Earth) wiring in Datsun's is always Black. (and Black/White is battery voltage).

Edited by cgsheen

4 hours ago, cgsheen said:

Jeff, it's just a switch...  The easy way to test the fuel pump is just to "jumper" the oil pressure switch temporarily.  Pull the wires off the switch and connect them together.  That'll give the fuel pump relay the impression that the engine has oil pressure (the switch is "made"). 

I winched a little when you first mentioned "2 green wires" to the fuel pump - I knew only one of those was power to the electric fuel pump...  Ground (Earth) wiring in Datsun's is always Black. (and Black/White is battery voltage).

Now you tell me ;)

I will jump it for now, but I may need to look into changing the brass fittings as apparently they have been known to fail after extended vibration. 

Jeff,

I've been following your channel since the DIY mandrel pipe bender. Always good stuff. Your Z has come a long way from the time it rolled into your shop. Definitely inspiration for the days when I want to give up on mine. 

6 hours ago, SH4DY said:

Jeff,

I've been following your channel since the DIY mandrel pipe bender. Always good stuff. Your Z has come a long way from the time it rolled into your shop. Definitely inspiration for the days when I want to give up on mine. 

Glad it can give you some inspiration and hopefully you can learn from my mistakes.

Hey Jeff, I love watching your channel. It's pretty fun and you're a lucky guy with Mrs Jeff.  The amount of sanding you had to do was crazy. I am going to do the same with my 240z, but hopefully I've learned from your example and won't have to sand as much.  I'm going to hold off on much furthor comments since I've only made it through the episodes where you just finished painting. There's a lot more assembly that you've done, but that I haven't watched. So keep up the great work, and I'll see if I can send you something.

Phar