HybridZ

where to get OEM parts

G-Tech

now that black dragon is gone, where do we find OEM parts ? i know the other usuals like motorsport auto (over priced stuff), ebay or just auto part stores. but black dragon was good for like ignition switches or body panels etc.. is there somewhere else, where did all black dragon stuff go? for the record, i have an 83 280zx so alot of places may have 240,260, even 280z stuff but the 280zx parts are harder to find. thanks for any help 

Zcarsource is your best bet like Miles said. I wouldn't recommend them for anything that you don't actually care about being OEM though, since their stuff is OEM and EVERYTHING is priced as such. Gets expensive for more basic things that are as good or better from basic aftermarket suppliers.

thank you, i kinda forgot about that place but i have seen them before.... since black dragon went out of business ive been really trying to make sure i get some OEM parts i may need 20years from now since my car has been in the family since new, it obviously isnt going anywhere ever. i bought couple pwr window motors and headlight/turn signal switches, things like that. they may not be around someday. the custom stuff i can deal with in the future. thank you, this forum has been a blessing to have!!!

• 11 months later...
On 9/21/2017 at 4:51 PM, z240 said:

The parts manager at Lynchburg Nissan, Riley Curtis is bending over backwards for people looking for OEM parts. 

On FB, search for "Riley LynchburgNissan", he's watching all the time.  He has helped me and many other immensely. 

Riley is the best! I use him almost exclusively.  

9 hours ago, jhm said:

These guys have been really good in the past.  I believe they went through some changes in recent years, but are in the process of rebuilding the business and their inventory.  Website not currently active, so you would need to call.  http://www.zspecialties.com/

Z specialties has good stuff but seems notoriously overpriced. 

14 hours ago, jhm said:

Do you know if they're back up and running?  Last time I checked (which was a while ago), they were a long way from 100%.

The times I have bought parts from them, they always had outstanding customer support.

Made a call recently about certain parts. Seemed excessively priced, even compared to some higher ebay prices, but the support and conversation was definitely great. If I wasn't so budget minded I definitely wouldn't mind buying there. 

Think everything was recently moved. There's always an ad on craigslist for the same stuff. 

• Thanks 1