HybridZ

RT Diff Mount with Energy Suspension top mount and L28

wheee!

Yep, nothing wrong with that.  In my case, I eliminated it to give more clearance for the exhaust.  Others remove it for weight savings.  The little U clips on the rear mounts of the LCA inner spindle also fit the forward mounts.

Keep up the great work!

43 minutes ago, jhm said:

Yep, nothing wrong with that.  In my case, I eliminated it to give more clearance for the exhaust.  Others remove it for weight savings.  The little U clips on the rear mounts of the LCA inner spindle also fit the forward mounts.

Keep up the great work!

Good point! Thanks. 

Thanks...I'm a little OCD and when you start saying "while I'm doing this, I might as well do that..." things go sideways a little. 3 years in to the restoration already. It's all documented on the classiczcars site, same username.

• 2 years later...

For all this talk of OCD.... nobody has specified which mount they used cutting the urethane to match the nose of the R200.

Whee! did a great writeup, photos, dimensions, etc.... but never said if he started with the 3-1108R or the 3-1158G!

There's roughly an 8mm difference in height between the two and that looks to be what he cut in the arch when you take into account the bottom doubler strap is removed to make the ears fit "flat"!

So there's the big question: Are you arching the 1108 or did you arc cut the 1158?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Actually, I believe I did mention that I bought the kit from techno versions. It is a modified 1108 that I cut down a bit further to eliminate the angle adjustment needed for V8 conversions. 

51D99C45-9E13-4AE3-A4EE-B890A6C3BAD7.jpeg