HybridZ

Ford Super 8.8 irs swap thread. Rear brakes too

Invincibleextremes

On 3/4/2019 at 8:15 PM, Invincibleextremes said:

But they are not the length I gave them and the shoulder on one side is completely wrong.

I am now looking for another company for future orders, because there is no excuse for this.

Did you give the shop a sketch of what you wanted them to do? I find that verbal and even written text instructions get screwed up or lost in translation.  I would make a quick sketch of the stock and modified version and write "WAS (stock)" and "IS (modified)" by each sketch.  That way it's clear what you want and if they screw that up then there REALLY is no excuse and it is easy to point to the requirements (dimensions) on the sketch.

14 hours ago, rossman said:

Did you give the shop a sketch of what you wanted them to do? I find that verbal and even written text instructions get screwed up or lost in translation.  I would make a quick sketch of the stock and modified version and write "WAS (stock)" and "IS (modified)" by each sketch.  That way it's clear what you want and if they screw that up then there REALLY is no excuse and it is easy to point to the requirements (dimensions) on the sketch.

I literally sent them a sample, and gave them written instructions that were a reflection of that sample.  Plus i sent them both stars as well.

On 3/5/2019 at 10:22 AM, Neverdone said:

Dutchman Axles used to be a local company, then moved to Idaho. 

They're much smaller then Mosier, but big enough to not screw it up when you explain what you want.

Second on Dutchman. Best axle supplier I used when I was making stuff. It was done right, first time.

Currently away travelling for work, but before i left, i mounted the setup again to measure axle movement and to see how everything works together and I'll be able to drive the car once i get back and plumb the brakes up.  

I do have a company making axle shafts from scratch through a member here.  Heat treated new shafts instead of cut down junkyard cores.   

Hopefully those work out quality wise, and that will be the final piece of the puzzle...

• 3 weeks later...

Subscribed.  I was tossing around the idea of building a jig to shorten the super 8.8 assembly and mount in my Z but this seems like a much easier option and will let me get my Z back on the road sooner.  Thanks for tackling this project on and bringing an affordable option to market.  I would be interested in the tack-welded kit.

Edited by wongboh

13 minutes ago, wongboh said:

Subscribed.  I was tossing around the idea of building a jig to shorten the super 8.8 assembly and mount in my Z but this seems like a much easier option and will let me get my Z back on the road sooner.  Thanks for tackling this project on and bringing an affordable option to market.  I would be interested in the tack-welded kit.

Just doing what i can.  I should be back to work on it on the 25th, and I'm still waiting to see how the new batch of axle shafts turns out.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 11:07 PM, Invincibleextremes said:

Just doing what i can.  I should be back to work on it on the 25th, and I'm still waiting to see how the new batch of axle shafts turns out.

Any updates? 

Back in town and working on a couple cradles for a couple guys who want them here and now.  Still waiting on the axle shafts. 

$255 per shaft if bought in bulk and they're made from scratch, and heat treated after.  Got my hopes up, because these would be just the ticket to assemble on factory 2015 mustang cv axles.

Mind you the factory axles use a hollow shaft on the left side... and these new ones don't.

I'll post some pics soon of the cradles and hopefully have news on the shafts.  Fingers crossed I'm dealing with good people... would be nice to have 500hp at 4,000 lbs capable cv axles for under $700 a pair... plan B is the $1,300 ones rated to 800hp at 4,000 lbs but thats a good bit more money.

Edited by Invincibleextremes

6 hours ago, Invincibleextremes said:

Not a problem.  I can make as many as there is demand for.  And who ever is on the fence can always just wait for results from either my car or another customer before contacting me for anything.

I dont mind being a test mule. And I wont treat it light either. Ive been putting this r200 through the ringer. Almost 700wtq in first with slicks. 2nd gear clutch dump burnouts. And planning on more power and more tire.

54F0B968-EB81-43F4-A403-73A69C52CF4A.jpeg

Edited by DcrDavid

35 minutes ago, DcrDavid said:

I dont mind being a test mule. And I wont treat it light either. Ive been putting this r200 through the ringer. Almost 700wtq in first with slicks. 2nd gear clutch dump burnouts. And planning on more power and more tire.

54F0B968-EB81-43F4-A403-73A69C52CF4A.jpeg

Not located in the northwest by any chance?