HybridZ

Ford Super 8.8 irs swap thread. Rear brakes too

Invincibleextremes

Putting in my order for this set-up has rejuvenated interest in my Z. This Super 8.8 swap is something I can actually afford. Better struts, serviceable diff, stronger axles, hubs, and companions, 5 lug swap, bigger brakes, all pretty much bolt on parts with minor fabrication. Thrifty shopping and planning will make this whole swap significantly less than a set of aftermarket R200 axles. Plus I can buy the replacement parts from local parts houses. I'm stoked! Thank you for following through with your word and actually bringing something to market. Who needs an obx fitted 3.36 R200? I'll have one available soon. 😜🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Grpkewlaid said:

Putting in my order for this set-up has rejuvenated interest in my Z. This Super 8.8 swap is something I can actually afford. Better struts, serviceable diff, stronger axles, hubs, and companions, 5 lug swap, bigger brakes, all pretty much bolt on parts with minor fabrication. Thrifty shopping and planning will make this whole swap significantly less than a set of aftermarket R200 axles. Plus I can buy the replacement parts from local parts houses. I'm stoked! Thank you for following through with your word and actually bringing something to market. Who needs an obx fitted 3.36 R200? I'll have one available soon. 😜🤣🤣

Have you sourced the super 8.8 assembly? Just curious what they get for them and what stock gear ratio are available out there..

Entire rear subframe can be had for anything from 500 to 1200 plus freight. 

Just the bare diff itself ranges from $100 to $900 and is available in 3.15, 3.31 all the way up to 4.09 factory.  Aftermarket 4.56 gears are also available.

The most common ones are 3.15 from a v6 rental and 3.31 off an ecoboost.

Ebay is full of them, ALL have lsd but some even come with torsen.

19 hours ago, Tonythefish said:

Have you sourced the super 8.8 assembly? Just curious what they get for them and what stock gear ratio are available out there..

Yes, I got a 3.31 iron housing (manual trans car) from LKQ. Prices at LKQ for the diffs alone are pretty cheap, they go from $220-$600. Mine has 67k miles on it and was advertised at $260. They charge more for those labeled "clutch type lsd", but as said above, that's what they all are aside from the torsen ones.

Edited by Grpkewlaid

• 4 weeks later...

I think I need this set up in my car = 1976 280z just over 500hp sbc tci700r4 …. I live over in Vancouver WA.. looks like you are close to us.... very interested . I am running   r200 /zxt axles /Arizona Z mounts/ Daves wilwood brake set up  . I always worry I am going to break this set up … on street tires so far its held up but I don't torture it ,or abuse it to bad ….a  picture of the car at beaches car show behind the band stage held every Wednesday night from June threw September largest  car show held weekly on the west coast ,usually from 1200 - 2300 cars are there .. I even got lucky ,and my car was picked as a winner at one of the bigger shows with 1700 cars , they almost never pick a made in japan car Ha ! Ha ! so that was pretty cool..    

20190703_173456.jpg

20190618_193554.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2019 at 3:26 PM, NONNO RACER said:

how do I get in touch with u and order some of theses pieces and brackets

do u have a website 

a phone number?

I am not that computer savy so the easier the better thanks

I'm not a hard guy to find.  PM me for my number or just contact me on Instagram, Facebook under my youtube channel name of Invincible Extremes 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Obviously I can't stop to take pictures of everything going out the door, but here's a couple more uprights set up for 2015 brakes and hubs tacked up for someone.

Oh and shout out to summers brothers racing.  They make a kickass set of axles for this conversion.  Roughly a dozen pairs so far and the fitment is amazing.

IMG_20200125_205421_605.jpg

IMG_20200203_223205_260.jpg

1 minute ago, fusion said:

How much are the axles and what power level will they hold?

Thanks

Shafts themselves are rated to 800tq, 8 ball v8 mustang cv ratings are unknown but whole assembly has been kicking butt on an 800hp car with zero issues since install.

As per forum rules prices cannot be discussed in the technical threads, so PM me and I'll gladly let you know everything.

To put it in perspective though... complete pair including low mileage v8 cv usually ends up costing less than the discontinued oem Nissan turbo z32 axle PER SHAFT... IF you can get them.

We're talking about 34 spline inner stubs, 8 ball cv, heat treated custom shafts and 32 spline outer using a bolt on hub with a SUBSTANTIAL bearing size to boot.

• 1 month later...