HybridZ

Pallnet Fuel Rail N47 Intake Megasquirt Fuel Injector help

RefreshRate

Alright I have searched far and wide and can't seem to find the correct fuel injectors for my setup.

I have a 11mm O-ring Pallnet Rail (willing to switch to 14mm for the right injector)

I need a 480cc high impedance injector. I believe it is the EV1 style from what I have been reading. 

Currently have 440cc Supra injectors but they are low impedance and I need high impedance, tried researching resisters but had no luck.

L28et MS2 n47 dewebbed intake 

Please chime in and help me out if you can. Just need a good recommendation to point me in the right direction. 

Can you go 440cc or 550cc? Those are more common sizes.  You can also bump the FP on 440's a bit to get the equivalent of 480's. 52 psi at idle instead of  43.5 would do it. Actually, 500cc or 550cc with pressure lowered a bit may be better. BTW... you can run bigger injectors than necessary. Just less maximum duty cycle.  Guys are running 2,000cc Hi-Z injectors on Petrol just fine. Modern technology. 

Have you contacted MotorMan yet? They should be able to make a recommendation.  They do know L28 engines and what injectors fit. Just tell them you have a 280ZXT Turbo motor and want to upgrade to Hi-Z, 480cc EV1 style injector with 14mm top o/ring and 14mm bottom O/ring. Ask for single spray pattern

http://www.fuelinjector.citymaker.com/web_page.html

A Pallnet rail 14mm for top and bottom actually gives a bit more selection, especially in Bosch I made the same mistake and am now kicking myself. 

1989-1991 Mazda RX7 injectors may be close. They are 460cc. You have to be careful when ordering though as you can get them in both High or Low impedance. The Hi-Z ones are part number 195500-2010. Double check that of course, and you are likely going to have to use a connector adapter plug. I don't know the O-ring size, but I'm sure Motorman has that info. 

195500-1350 also comes in a 460CC and it looks like it has an EV1 connector. But you have to be careful with these. They come in Hi and Low impedance versions and Mazda used the same part number for both styles. 

This thread at MiataTurbo.net may clarify some of the RX7 injector issues. 

https://www.miataturbo.net/diy-turbo-discussion-14/rx-7-injectors-again-5627/

22 minutes ago, Chickenman said:

Can you go 440cc or 550cc? Those are more common sizes.  You can also bump the FP on 440's a bit to get the equivalent of 480's. 52 psi at idle instead of  43.5 would do it. Actually, 500cc or 550cc with pressure lowered a bit may be better. BTW... you can run bigger injectors than necessary. Just less maximum duty cycle.  Guys are running 2,000cc Hi-Z injectors on Petrol just fine. Modern technology. 

Have you contacted MotorMan yet? They should be able to make a recommendation.  They do know L28 engines and what injectors fit. Just tell them you have a 280ZXT Turbo motor and want to upgrade to Hi-Z, 480cc EV1 style injector with 14mm top o/ring and 14mm bottom O/ring. Ask for single spray pattern

http://www.fuelinjector.citymaker.com/web_page.html

A Pallnet rail 14mm for top and bottom actually gives a bit more selection, especially in Bosch I made the same mistake and am now kicking myself. 

1989-1991 Mazda RX7 injectors may be close. They are 460cc. You have to be careful when ordering though as you can get them in both High or Low impedance. The Hi-Z ones are part number 195500-2010. Double check that of course, and you are likely going to have to use a connector adapter plug. I don't know the O-ring size, but I'm sure Motorman has that info. 

195500-1350 also comes in a 460CC and it looks like it has an EV1 connector. But you have to be careful with these. They come in Hi and Low impedance versions and Mazda used the same part number for both styles. 

This thread at MiataTurbo.net may clarify some of the RX7 injector issues. 

https://www.miataturbo.net/diy-turbo-discussion-14/rx-7-injectors-again-5627/

I got in contact with them and they were only able to suggest one injector that wouldn't work for my setup and then they never responded to any of my other emails after that..  it was a low impedance 460cc injector I believe.

But after many hours of research and help from another member having the same issue I came up with the 550cc RX7 injectors 195500-2020 which are high impedance denso injectors that are 11mm so they will fit my current pallnet rail. Just need to adapt from the EV1 plug and I should be in good shape.