HybridZ

Help using KMAC camber plates with OE Struts (non-coilovers)

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to make KMAC camber plates work with OE struts (non-coilover conversion) for 240z's.  I've searched around the forums for a while and tried to find some guides or information that could help me make these plates work with my current setup.  I briefly talked to John C. a while ago about making them work as he had previous experience with them on a customer's car but other than that I haven't been able to find much.

I had a shoulder bushing made to make the KMAC plates work with my struts but after experimenting with them I found that they raised my Z by about an 1-1/2".  I'm curious if anyone has been able to fit them without the major raise in ride height.

My current strut setup is Tokico Blue lowering springs, Koni 8610-1437 single adjustable shocks and OEM strut insulators.

Any information or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Liam

Edit: changed topic heading

Edited by baby_Carlton

You do know that you won't be able to get much camber adjustment from the KMACs, right?  The OEM spring top hats and insulators are the big LIMFAC for camber adjustment with stock struts.  (You should still be able to adjust caster, if that's what you're going for.)  

Just wanted to make sure you didn't put a lot of effort into a solution that wasn't going to give you the results you desire.

On 12/17/2017 at 6:37 AM, jhm said:

You do know that you won't be able to get much camber adjustment from the KMACs, right?  The OEM spring top hats and insulators are the big LIMFAC for camber adjustment with stock struts.  (You should still be able to adjust caster, if that's what you're going for.)  

Just wanted to make sure you didn't put a lot of effort into a solution that wasn't going to give you the results you desire.

Yes I found that I get around a 1/10 of the adjustment out of the camber plates vs adjustable control arms.  I think I wait  to use the KMAC plates if I ever do a coilover conversion.

• Like 1