HybridZ

240z toe in problem

Hi, I'm am new to hybridz, I have a 1973 240z, and I am having a anlighnment issue with my driver side rear.  It is toe in... On the alignment shop printout it said the left rear is .66 degrees out. After researching and doing some measurements I thought my LCA was bent, so a friend sent me his LCA.  I put that control arm on with new  polyurethane bushings, ant took it back to the alignment shop... now it is .65 toe in.  I don't want to just start throwing parts at it without figuring out the problem. Visually nothing appears to be bent or twisted.  At some point I plan to buy T3 LCA's, I'm not sure what else to look for? I could take it to a frame shop to have them check the  unibody, but I don't yet know of a great shop to take it to in my area.  If anyone has any ideals of what I should look for. That would be great. Thank you. 

I just finished putting on the ZG flairs, and new wheels and tires... went to get it aligned... I am motivated to figure this problem out.  

IMG_7237.JPG

IMG_5683.JPG

Aftermarket arms are the easy button. If you want you can buy camber bushings for the rear as they adjust toe too and are cheaper than arms. I really like the Apex Engineering arms. They were modeled on mine, so I might be a bit biased... ;)

If you can fabricate you could make a rear toe adjuster like a handful of us did here:

Edited by JMortensen

jmortensen thank you for your response! I'll look in to the apex arms. I looking forward to reading the poor mans solution.

did you make your rear lower control arms? It seems like they would not be too difficult to make. I may look into it. $500 to buy a set seems a lot easer, but cash for this project it a bit tight. 

Edited by Suchfun240z