HybridZ

Z31 300zx idle air valve assembly

Milenko2121

I have one that has been taken apart and cleaned with new gaskets made. If you would like to see what I have email me at zedsn@hotmail.com for a couple of photos. People removed these from z31 intakes and for the life of me I don't know why.

1 hour ago, zedsn said:

I have one that has been taken apart and cleaned with new gaskets made. If you would like to see what I have email me at zedsn@hotmail.com for a couple of photos. People removed these from z31 intakes and for the life of me I don't know why.

Lol. Yep I wonder the exact same thing. They end up using the screw on the TB to up the rpm and then have to grind the TPS holes bigger to adjust it. 

On 2/19/2018 at 2:39 PM, Milenko2121 said:

Here's the only photo I've been able to find of the assembly.

hqdefault.jpg

What year is your car. I pulled one off an 84T hoping it would fit on my 88T and they are differnt. That is turbo right? Also if you get one ask to see if the idle screw is frozen. That was why I was after one. I tried and tried to get mine unstuck. 

13 minutes ago, JSM said:

What year is your car. I pulled one off an 84T hoping it would fit on my 88T and they are differnt. That is turbo right? Also if you get one ask to see if the idle screw is frozen. That was why I was after one. I tried and tried to get mine unstuck. 

I plan to adapt that assembly to my L28 by using the EGR block off plate and use it to control my idle with my '87 T 300zx ecu. If I could figure out of the 300zx ecu can control other AAC valves which is all I need. The FSM states it uses a 160hz signal. What was it about the 84 compared to 88 that was incompatible? 

1 hour ago, zedsn said:

After a couple years of not having a smooth idle, you think a different way.

Sent an email to you for some pictures of the unit.

21 minutes ago, Milenko2121 said:

I plan to adapt that assembly to my L28 by using the EGR block off plate and use it to control my idle with my '87 T 300zx ecu. If I could figure out of the 300zx ecu can control other AAC valves which is all I need. The FSM states it uses a 160hz signal. What was it about the 84 compared to 88 that was incompatible? 

Curious. Are you using the 87T harness too? 

It it was a different design. For what your doing it shouldn’t matter. 

Edited by JSM

Gotcha. For what your doing the year differences shouldnt matter. 

Im working on using the entire 88T harness stand alone so I can test a Z31 motor out of the car before I pull my bad motor and then use it on 240z on my turbo block. 

1 minute ago, JSM said:

Gotcha. For what your doing the year differences shouldnt matter. 

Im working on using the entire 88T harness stand alone so I can test a Z31 motor out of the car before I pull my bad motor and then use it on 240z on my turbo block. 

Were you able to test the to see if the valve would open at all even not connected to manifold or are the part numbers the same for the aac valve?

11 minutes ago, Milenko2121 said:

Were you able to test the to see if the valve would open at all even not connected to manifold or are the part numbers the same for the aac valve?

Mine on my 88T works, I just can’t increase the idle with the screw. If I unplug it (the 2 prong connector on the fart left of the pic you posted) the car just dies. 

I never tested the 84T when I realized it was different.