HybridZ

MegaSquirt Map Information Sharing (all code versions)

Guest Loose_Screws

Great cold and hot starts, great throttle response, good power, no audible ping, good economy.

83 turbo motor stock long block

Fidanza Flywheel

solid p90 head stock turbo cam w 5angle valve job.

very mild intake porting and exhaust manifold porting and matching

MSII V3.0 firmware v2.687

4bar dual MAP sensors

Wideband O2 LC1

42# (440cc/min) injectors high impedance (ford racing)

EDIS-6 Crank Triggered Ignition System

To4B/T3 SuperV trim

2.5" DP and exhaust

Tuned to 15psi boost up to 6000rpm

Intercooled

60mm 240sx throttle body

Used your tables for VE/AFR and IGN and it works perfect on my setup.No poweredrops or problems at all up to 6000 rpm(rev limit).

Been trying it for a couple of days and slowly increased

the boost and can`t find anything wrong up too 17 psi.

82 F54 bottom end rebuilt with turbo pistons/clevite bearings

P79 Ported/polished intake/exhaust.Removed liners.N/A cam

440cc low imp supra injectors

Holset He 351 turbo

MS II v3.0

Edis

3 inch exhaust

Walbro fuelpump

Magnoli fpr 1:1

60 mm tb

Great map!!:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Let me know if you make improvements to it. I am thinking of doing some tuning updates soon. In particular, I want to work my base ignition timing up a little. I think the plateau is a bit conservative at 35 degrees max @3000 rpms. I think I can go to 37 or 38 at the plateau.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys my car is a bone stock 81 280zx turbo. No upgrades minus the crane cams coil that came with the car...

2upbor6.jpg

xoi5ns.jpg

2dv3iig.jpg

1z3865w.jpg

my car is currently using map based acceleration instead of the tps, as my tps is putting out one crazy signal...

Let me know if you guys need bigger pics

• 4 months later...

Okay here is the latest MSII tune. I have been running it on my new motor for a few weeks but this is similar to a tune that I have been running for a few years now. Try it out and let me know what you think

1974 260/78 5 speed

82 280zxt MSII 2.8 running about 12psi

scottyz downpipe, 240sx tps, pallnet throttle body adapter

450cc inp009 blue tops, t3/t04e hybrid,msd 6al, intercooler

tuned with LC-1/xd-16

2.8 tune for hybridz.zip

• 7 months later...

:iospalo::iospalo::iospalo:

I feel like digging this one back up to see if anyone else has anything to share. I should be getting my car back soon and I will be able to post my timing maps and fuel maps with my new Isky cam.

Big Phil, If you read this........please share :icon29:

I'll have have a dyno tuned map pretty soon, using cygnusx1's map right now which is dang good.

I wont be pushing more than 8psi on this map though, kind of a waste but hey I want to take it slow. I have so many other things I need to do before I go farther. That's going to include DDing it a bit, I need to get used to the late boost. Wont help you much because I'm running the stock cam.

Edited by goodoldjam

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, this is my first post I believe, just thought I should give some back since this site has done so much for me, more than you can possibly imagine actually. My maps for ms2 msextra 2.1.

My setup:

280zxt f54 block 50 thou over

p90 head

stock cam & head

turbonetics 57 trim turbo

3" down pipe & exhaust

volvo fmic

fuel pressure at 40psi

fidanza 11lb flywheel

5-6 lb boost

This setup has my car running right now, pretty good actually, still needs some work but it runs strong for low boost levels. will post again when i feel it's better, still have to up the boost. Sorry for the bad quality pics but it will give you an idea.

post-11395-083570600 1284422639_thumb.jpgpost-11395-064735400 1284422594_thumb.jpg

post-11395-014361500 1284422561_thumb.jpgpost-11395-083191300 1284422489_thumb.jpg

post-11395-020965200 1284422457_thumb.jpgpost-11395-062193300 1284422373_thumb.jpg

post-11395-088885000 1284422244_thumb.jpgpost-11395-022224600 1284422305_thumb.jpg

these tables are roughly tuned and not ready for WOT so be careful!

Just some info for anyone first getting into megasquirt like me, It's one of those things your going to be extremely proud of, I learned SOOO much from this site and www.msextra.com, definitely not something I will ever regret it kicks some serious ass!

Here's the msq have fun!

raven ms2 extra 2.1(2).zip

forgot to mention the 240sx throttle body, and that i'm using the 82 turbo dizzy from the stock coil.

Edited by zzRaVeNzz

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It was a great Summer with megasquirt.  Did quite a few miles, a long road trip, a track day at Watkins Glen, and lots of car shows.  The car ran great all Summer long with almost no fiddling with the maps.  It even starts up great in all weather conditions. So I figured I would share my latest map which I named "GREAT".

MSII v2.687, stock L28et longblock, intercooled, T3/T4, LC1 WBO2, 440cc high imp injectors, dual pressure sensors, 4bar MAP sensor, no idle control, 18psi boost, EDIS6.

!!!!!!!!!GREAT!!!!!!!!.zip

Edited by cygnusx1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Read through the three pages of discussion, still a little timid.

I'm trying to figure out the initial timing map to start off with since I'm not entirely sure about the L28's timing nuances.

Here's the build:

1976 N/A 2.8L

Cammed by previous owner, unknown specs - idles at ~64 kPa at the moment at 800-900 rpm

Stock injectors AFAIK (5 whitish topped, one green topped)

EDIS6 controlling 3 GM-DIS coils

Innovate LC1 WB02

6-2-1 header

55mm Altima throttle body

MS2extra (latest firmware) on a v3.0 board

The car seems to idle ~14.5 AFR at ~900 with a VE of only 21-22. Everyone else seems to have their VEs up into the 50s and 60s; so I'm worried somethings wrong.

As for the timing, someone posted this earlier; think this is a good place to start?

TurboTiming.jpg

Thank you.

• 2 months later...

I thought of a better way to share my msq. Watch in full screen so you can pause and take the numbers down if you need them.

Megasquirt/Datsun - Fuel and Spark map Built in Megatune (www.diyautotune.com)

EMS: Megasquirt II

Firmware: 2.687

MAP: 4 bar sensor

Wideband: LC1 Innovate

Idle contoller: none

IAT: GM

Coolant Sensor: 280ZX Head Temp Sender

TPS: 240SX

Injectors: Ford Lightning 42# high impedance 440cc

Turbo: T3/TO4B hybrid

Intercooler: 18x3x11 Spearco

Engine: Datsun L28ET F54/P90 (stock long block)

Throttle Body: 240SX with spacer

Exhaust: 2.5" downpipe and back

BOV: Vented TurboXS

Ignition: Ford EDIS-6, 36-1 trigger wheel, dodge coil pack.

Car: 1976 280Z

Flywheel: Fidanza

Boost: 18psi

Knock Sensor: none

This map is NOT dyno tuned, but is street and track tested. Untested under severe loads past 5500 rpms.

Edited by cygnusx1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Just for others. I just got mine running from these maps. But only the 2.8xxx code. My car would barely run on the 2.6 (too rich). Don't know why. Anyway, I hope to post my tune soon. I have a 74 260z l28et, .40 over je forged, 1mm metal gasket, p90, 450cc rx7, 40psi, 60-1 turbo, z31 direct coil, ebay intercooler, ms2 3.57, autometer wideband. Recently converted from nistune-It sucked!

• 1 month later...

I rebuilt my motor, stock with a 0.020 over bore. I spent a lot of time re-tuning after the rebuild. This map is running well for me. There are a lot of changes since my last submission. I dialed in EGO Control by experimenting with transport delays, to dampen out the corrections, so they are stable. I also fixed up the cranking enrichments and the after starts. The AFR map has also been tweaked for better driveability. It's not focused on economy. I am leaving economy off the table for this car. I don't like the way it runs when I try to get econo lean AFR's.

EMS: Megasquirt II

Firmware: 2.687

MAP: 4 bar sensor

Wideband: LC1 Innovate about 3" past the turbo.

Idle contoller: none

IAT: GM

Coolant Sensor: 280ZX Head Temp Sender

TPS: 240SX

Injectors: Ford Lightning 42# high impedance 440cc

Turbo: T3/TO4B hybrid

Intercooler: 18x3x11 Spearco

Engine: Datsun L28ET F54/P90 (stock long block)

Throttle Body: 240SX with spacer

Exhaust: 2.5" downpipe and back

BOV: Vented TurboXS

Ignition: Ford EDIS-6, 36-1 trigger wheel, dodge coil pack.

Car: 1976 280Z

Flywheel: Fidanza

Boost: 14psi

Knock Sensor: none

CurrentTune.zip

Edited by cygnusx1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It was a great Summer with megasquirt. Did quite a few miles, a long road trip, a track day at Watkins Glen, and lots of car shows. The car ran great all Summer long with almost no fiddling with the maps. It even starts up great in all weather conditions. So I figured I would share my latest map which I named "GREAT".

MSII v2.687, stock L28et longblock, intercooled, T3/T4, LC1 WBO2, 440cc high imp injectors, dual pressure sensors, 4bar MAP sensor, no idle control, 18psi boost, EDIS6.

Just used your tables for my startup/break in and its pretty good. I havent flogged on her yet but Ill let you know. Its running on ms2extra latest code with an N42/N42 NA-T conversion using turbo pistons, a very shaved head of unknown static compression with 77 n/a cam, stock t3 custom emusa intercooler with 3 inch piping with an msa downpipe w/o exhaust and using srt8 14 mm high impedance injectors on a modified n42 intake.