HybridZ

1972 240z LS1 w/4L60e. Headers and Tans mount combo HELP required

Hello,

I know this topic is an overkill. But I still need an advice.

I am swapping LS1 engine with 4L60e in a 1972 240z. I am going for CXRACING engine mount. I contacted them and they say they dont make transmission mounts for 4L60 transmission and their headers WILL NOT work with Auto trans.

What headers would work with 4L60 trans and who makes 4L60 mounts for 240z other than JCI.

Appreciate your input 

Edited by Bo Jassim

I used the cx racing kit with the 4l60e and it was the biggest pain ever. The headers come down and point directly toward the oil pan of the transmission. I had to reform the bottom half of the headers and every welder I took it to said it couldn't be done... 4 weeks later and an extra few hundred in pipe and argon gas I got it working great.

The motor mounts didn't fit right and required rework, the transmission mount was scrap, and I had to rebuild the headers to work. 

At the end of the day, next time I put an LS with a 4l60e in a 280z it will be with the jci kit. Don't know what you have against jci, but he made my drive shaft and it fit perfict.

3 hours ago, walkerbk said:

I used the cx racing kit with the 4l60e and it was the biggest pain ever. The headers come down and point directly toward the oil pan of the transmission. I had to reform the bottom half of the headers and every welder I took it to said it couldn't be done... 4 weeks later and an extra few hundred in pipe and argon gas I got it working great.

The motor mounts didn't fit right and required rework, the transmission mount was scrap, and I had to rebuild the headers to work. 

At the end of the day, next time I put an LS with a 4l60e in a 280z it will be with the jci kit. Don't know what you have against jci, but he made my drive shaft and it fit perfict.

Walkerbk

thank you for sharing your experience. My only concern with jci is the way his orders work with the form and payment. Plus I haven’t seen any pictures of his work.

Is there other places selling jci kits? Or other way to get them?