HybridZ

MSA rear disc brackets conversion problems?

Just tried to reply to a guy who posted a new topic in the FAQ section.  There's no Reply function.  Tried to report it, with a comment, but that doesn't work either.  It's a new topic, floating in space, with no ability to interact with humans.

Just tried to send the guy a message but the text box would not open, so I couldn't write anything.  I had to create a junk file to insert before I could send the message.  I  put the actual message in the title.

Didn't we just have a big fund-raising drive so that new better software could be purchased and installed?  The site seems to be going the way of zcar.com.  Lots of things aren't working.

That's goofy.  Couldn't tell if full pad contact is being made, or if half the pad is only making contact.  If all of the pad is making contact then the outer portion of the disc gives max leverage.  but the discs I've worked on always have about 1/8" of uncontacted edge on the perimeter.

Who knows.  Here is Nissan's 1982 ZX picture.  Seems to show what Big Phil is saying.  Maybe Nissan just decided to use a smaller pad instead of a smaller disc, to balance back to front.  Not very weight effective though.

image.png.304e4042eb5f68588a6230ad3c4b7cb3.png

So I purchased these rear brackets from MSA, I installed everything they said to use , 85’ maxima calipers/pads(rear) , 82’ 280zx rotors(rear). It all mounts up fine, but the pads are only using about half, they don’t seem to fit all the all the way down using up all the rotor surface?? 

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

D29BBB93-3287-4DD3-8607-CB00440C664D.jpeg

1A50EE5E-1555-4DEA-922B-4E7EA1C4CF66.jpeg

Welcome to the forums!

Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the rules if you have not already.

Please note you have posted in the FAQ section, that section is generally for walk throughs and information posts and thus does not allow replies. I have moved your post to the brake and suspension section where people will be able to reply to your post.

I am not exactly familiar with that kit, but I believe it is the same as the maxima calipers and brackets and as a result that is a fairly regularly reported item where the pad grabs the rotor completely but does not utilize the inner portion of the rotor.

PICT0188.sized.jpg

Similar to the picture found in the FAQ section. 

It has been shown to be not problematic and I believe you will be fine, but I will let others chime in.

Sorry guys, I believe it is the way it is setup, it really should be a locked forum where useful topics are sent to for reading, I believe to be used as a reference not as a place to post questions. I'm trying to move posts as soon as I see them in the correct section. I'll try and move your guys posts into the correct threads and see if there is a way to prevent posts in there.

• 2 months later...
On 4/1/2018 at 10:15 PM, seattlejester said:

Welcome to the forums!

Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the rules if you have not already.

Please note you have posted in the FAQ section, that section is generally for walk throughs and information posts and thus does not allow replies. I have moved your post to the brake and suspension section where people will be able to reply to your post.

I am not exactly familiar with that kit, but I believe it is the same as the maxima calipers and brackets and as a result that is a fairly regularly reported item where the pad grabs the rotor completely but does not utilize the inner portion of the rotor.

PICT0188.sized.jpg

Similar to the picture found in the FAQ section. 

It has been shown to be not problematic and I believe you will be fine, but I will let others chime in.

Thank you for this. Just what I was looking for 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...