HybridZ

Does anyone have experience with these filters?

dpascual1986

Welcome to the forums.

I've noted that you posted in the FAQ section. That does not allow responses. I've moved your post to the technical section.

To answer your question, a screen filter in theory would allow more air flow, however it would do so at the risk of allowing more particulates into the engine. If you live anywhere with dirt roads or where you have patches of dirt that can be blown onto the road or lifted by the car in front of you these may not be a good idea for engine longevity. Depending on how often you drive the car it may not matter for example if you get 10,000 miles out of the engine instead of 100,000 miles it may not matter if you drive the car a couple hundred miles a year.

Those are designed to keep rocks out of race motors that will be rebuilt every couple a seasons:)  I use oiled foam in mine. I figure the HP loss is probably equal to the permanent HP loss from scored cylinders.

Hi Derek, I read a report years ago that having the mesh screens on a race car engine only allowed dust and rubber particules from the soft compound racing tyres (as they degrade)from close proximity racing to be sucked into the combustion chamber and from the intense heat turn sticky and collect behind rings etc. From memory, there were pictures showing the gummy residue (mixture of dust and rubber). It was suggested the filters should be used to stop the bore being scratched and the residue build-up behind the rings. If I can find the article, I will post it. They mesh has a macho tough look to it, but I wouldn't turn the key on my cars without adequate filters.

Regards

David.

On 4/4/2018 at 2:28 PM, dpascual1986 said:

Does anyone have experience with these dcoe filters? How does it compare to the regular oiled filters like the k&n?

K&N are not "regular" oiled filters.  They're worse oiled filters.

Really, all you're doing here is comparing two turds.  Which is the better piece of junk.