HybridZ

Lowering with Strut Insulators

I am starting to reassemble the suspension on my 77 280z 2+2. I am going to use Eibach springs to lower it 1' all the way around but I would like to lower the back more because it sits even higher than the front from the factory. I read that this is a common problem and one solution is to use 240z rear strut insulators instead of the stock 280z insulators. First,  does this still preserve the handling? Also, Can you also use front strut insulators from a 280z? Both the front and rear suspension looks identical expect for the 280z has extra large insulators in the back so I wanted to see if anyone had experience with this. The 280z front insulators are way cheaper and easier to find so it would be an better alternative.  

The swap from front to back sounds like a good idea.  Is the height difference what you want?  If the three holes are the same dimensions, it should work.  You'll just have an extra, useless, bearing in the insulator.

As far as handling, you're not changing any geometry just the starting point of the struts.  I found that lowering, in general, improves handling, by lowering the center of gravity.