HybridZ

36-1 trigger wheel placement

Hi there, need some help.  I am building my edis system and I want to make sure that I have my wheel mounted correctly.  

I have the timing pointer at 0 degrees (TDC) and then I have the VR sensor pointing at 6 teeth left from the missing tooth it looks like this ...

please let  me know if I did it wrong.  Thanks,  Matt-

5722EA35-EF0D-4BD7-B020-45D4D242718A.jpeg

D5B0C420-3B04-4EC7-9ED1-BC3B8F1B0965.jpeg

Hey, I noticed you posted in the FAQ section. I've transferred your post to the troubleshooting sections so others can reply.

That looks correct, although I recall something about that number being a result of something archaic. I imagine chickenman would be able to verify.

You're going with an MS2 as I recall. Is that correct? What version Mainboard and firmware?

But I think you are fairly close if memory serves me correct. You may be one tooth off. I can't remember is the Missing Tooth counts as #1 or not on EDIS. I'll check a bit later when you can confirm biard version number. 

Don't trust the timing damper. The rings can slip. Physically confirm TDC with a long thin Screwdriver touching Piston dome. Hand rotate engine and feel for Piston rising as it approaches TDC. At TDC piston will pause, then go back down. The pause section halfway between Rising and falling is actual TDC.  

Hi ChickenMan, I confirmed TDC,  its all good on that end.  I have the car running (quite well actually) in limp mode with edis.  My biggest problem now is picking which megasquirt to buy.  I posted a HELP question in the last microsquirt threat that we were talking in.  

Any help with this post would be awesome!  thanks.