HybridZ
Sign in to follow this  
tr4j3dy

Hello from New Mexico

Hey everybody!

I am new here; I am a young computer engineer who lives in NM. I have been a car enthusiast most of my life. I recently got rid of my previous project which was a 1996 BMW 328i E36 that I had done a M3 engine swap on. I pulled the car out of the junk yard. Nearly replaced everything on it. I've worked on a lot of cars/trucks over the years; BMWs, Fords, Chevrolets, Hondas, Mercedes (80s-90s)  and some Toyotas. 

I've always wanted a Datsun. specifically an S30 and I wanted to do a 2+2 because I feel like they are under appreciated.

I managed to score a couple '75 Datsun 280Z 2+2 for a bargain in my local area in the past couple weeks.

One has a little bit of rust and the other one is pretty clean. One came with a N42 block/ N42 head and N42 intake. The clean one has no motor or tranny.

I've been researching these cars for years so I know more or less what I want to do to it.

I plan to run to do a full resto-mod on the nicer one with a N42/P90 Turbo'd setup with goals of about 300hp.  Will probably end up parting the other 280z out. 

Thinking about doing a build thread if thats a thing around here.

Currently my garage is 

2018 Colorado ZR2

1992 Ford Ranger 
1991 Mercedes 560SEC 
x2  '75 Datsun 280Z 2+2

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and becoming a member here. A lot of my resources that I have saved are from here. So I look forward to joining the community and learning more about these cars. 

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! 

On 4/24/2018 at 4:44 PM, SleeperZ said:

Welcome from Colorado.  Build threads are indeed a thing, I'd love to see what you are starting with.

So the first one is the initial 2+2. I picked up. It was in pretty rough shape. Had a rebuilt p79 head and f54 block but isn't running. 

Then I was able to get the green one for a great price. It doesn't have a motor which is fine for me but the body is super straight and the interior is in pretty decent condition. I'll be starting a build thread soon!

280z.jpg

280z2.jpg

Edited by tr4j3dy