HybridZ

Put new seats in my coupe

Quick update for anyone wondering about these seats

I have a 1983 280ZX and I threw in some corbeau GTS II seats with shaved bases and a corbeau dual locking slider on the driverside and a single locking slider, on the passenger side. and corbeau bolt in seat brackets. I'm 6 foot tall but have a 30" inseam so you can imagine my torso is a bit taller than normal. Anyways they sat higher than stock and I ran out of head room and had to drive kind of slouched with the T-Top sunshade removed.

To fix the passenger side I removed the sliding rail and bolted the bracket straight to the seat, reinstalled and I now have plenty of room, even with the sunshade installed. I will be doing to the same to the driverside. But removing the slider makes it difficult to install the rear-outer bolt but its doable especially if you have small arms. Other than that, great seats that work with with my 2" 4pt harnesses.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Dude sorry for the super late reply, I never got a notification and just forgot about it. I'm not sure if they sell them at MSA or not. I purchased directly from corbeau. they hold up real well in corners and stuff but I haven't had a full racing seat so nothing to compare to. Much better than stock though.

Edited by nbesheer

Ha, no worries.  I just got the email myself.

I ended up with Sparco R100's.  They're ok.  Not great, not particularly comfortable, but they fit and are supportive.  I made my own brackets, had but later removed sliders to get lower, and replaced the seat belts.  I moved the receptacle to a trans-tunnel mount at the same time.  My biggest complaint right now is how the seat belt bumps into the wings at the top of the seat.  

Anyways, thanks for finding this and the reply :)