HybridZ

HybridZ PNW Auto-x Day

Ben280

Race Day  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which date are you more likely to be able to make?

• August 11/12
    • September 15/16
    • Both!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/09/18 at 06:59 AM

Hey Everybody, 

Trying to organize some kind of meet up/race day with the fine folks of the pacific northwest! There are a handful of events that will likely work, so I'm throwing out some dates to see if there is any interest. The obvious site is in Packwood, WA. Phenomenal site, huge courses, free on site camping and equidistant from PDX and Seattle. Oregon Region SCCA has a few more events up there this year that might work well.

Possible dates for a race day:

August 11/12

September 15/16

Let me know if there's interest, I'll be there either way!

12628363_1132464566764793_2771532233574049564_o.thumb.jpg.8568c0cd935ffdd3e6d2794ec77e364a.jpg18423100_1545300648814514_853231572426291030_o.thumb.jpg.bab41fbd9248004647a82ce9e52faf13.jpg

Edited by Ben280

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jboogsthethug said:

Zetsaz we need to organize something in Utah when you're in the state again!

Would love to! Highly unlikely that I'll be able to do it this summer since I just got that new shell haha.

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome to see some interest!! In my opinion, a car is never really finished. So unless its not drivable, don't let that stop you from coming out and turning a few laps! 

Threw a poll up on the first post (this new HZ forum software is nice!) so vote for your preference.

Add "both" to your poll. I am going to try for both and have no preference one way or the other. Only issue for me is I was over the sound limit last time, so I might have to spend my time screwing around with my supertrapps instead of socializing.

Dryer ducting turndowns work pretty well for this. New SCCA rules say it can go straight up or straight down. 95dBa is tough to hit if you've got some mufflers in. A cat and a turbo should be ok, and a turndown will get the rest of it if needed! Y'all should be good, the meter gets pulled out if something is rowdy loud.

I'm located in Bellevue, WA. My car I have only owned for half a year but I did just finish suspension replacement with coilovers. Can I attend? I have only put on maybe 300 miles on my Z and I have no experience with this kind of stuff.

Any special requirements for your car to be able to run this course?

YdnnPHj.jpgg0wf4ci.jpg

Edited by AlbatrossCafe

Hey Albatross! No special requirements for entry, apart from a basic safety/tech inspection. We check for batteries properly secured, brakes/clutch have good feel, no play in the wheel bearings, throttle has positive return, no loose items in the car, tires aren't corded or dry-rotted. Pretty straightforward! 

As for classes, I run in FP. XP, BSP and CS are usually where these cars fall, but OR-SCCA has a special class called "Tuner Challenge" for people who are just learning the ropes of the sport, and don't want/need to get bogged down with the hefty SCCA rule book. SCCA classing is another whole can of worms that we should probably discuss in another thread!

Admission for a day event is $15 for a SCCA weekend membership (unless you happen to have an annual membership) and $35 for runs. Packwood on Saturday's we run a test and tune after our competition runs, which is $20. As you might suspect, the weekend membership is good for both Saturday and Sunday, so that is a one time cost for the weekend, and that $15 can be applied towards an annual membership should you get bit by the bug!

Couple useful links: 

http://www.oregonscca.com/solo---autocross.html (Main site with schedule, results and other fun stuff!)

http://www.oregonscca.com/uploads/8/5/9/0/85902804/supps.pdf (Supplemental rules, worth the read!) 

That is good, reading the class rules was kind of giving me a head ache. Just finished trans, need to bleed stuff, and mount the exhaust. Not sure if I can put my cat in given the space. Tempted to try to finish the power steering and shortened knuckles for this.

So $15 weekend member ship + $35 per day of competition + $20 per day for fun runs at the end. $85 just to run the competition both days or $125 for both competition and fun runs.