HybridZ

What type of wheels are these? And is this JEGS Spoiler any good?

First question:

I have seen these wheels on this Orange Z on the Internet but I cant seem to find out info about them.  I'm sure someone knows what they are, including the owner lol.    Are those 16x8s? Zero offset?  Also what brand, and model are the wheels?  If I got a set of these, would I need to modify anything on my early 71 to fit them or to keep them from rubbing?

2nd question:

I'm looking for a 4" spoiler for my 71, I want to have it painted as well. Anyone know anything about the spoilers they sell at Jegs? Says it will fit 70-73 240z but there is no picture of it and not sure how well it would fit or look. Here is a link. I'm considering a BRE also, but was curious about the Jegs unit with free shipping.

-Ch1tnQX_EAQYAiABEgJq4vD_BwE

IMG_20121018_084656.jpg

So Andy's has the same one cheaper? or a better one made of a different material?

I was wondering if this Xenon spoiler was any good..They did not have a good picture of it. Also I have never owned a spoiler on any of my Zs so not sure which one is a good one.. I definitely do not want huge spoiler.  And thanks for the info on the wheels

34 minutes ago, Geno750 said:

Also, BRE is selling their spoiler. They are the ones who designed the original one back in the 70's for usually less than the not so great copies.

http://www.bre2.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=020B03&Category_Code=bre_datsun_body_parts

The BRE rear spoiler was designed in-house by Nissan in 1969, homologated as stock equipment for the PS30-SB 'Fairlady Z432-R' model.

BRE simply used the homologated Nissan item on their race cars, then made and sold copies of it.

31 minutes ago, HS30-H said:

The BRE rear spoiler was designed in-house by Nissan in 1969, homologated as stock equipment for the PS30-SB 'Fairlady Z432-R' model.

BRE simply used the homologated Nissan item on their race cars, then made and sold copies of it.

Huh, didn't know that. Their 'copy' is the only current one I've seen with all the mounting studs though.

I will be taking my Z into paint shop soon after I get some of this body work taking care of at home.  I have been really torn between the race look and keeping this series 1 car all stock. 

But I think Im going to add a spoiler and have it painted. I also have a fiberglass front valance that I may install and have painted as well.  Are the BRE spoilers ready to paint out of the box or is a bunch of prep work needed?

I have those XXR 527 wheels in "Black Chrome" with 225/50/R16. Kinda wish I went with 205/50/R16 as the 225s are super meaty. Just put everything on. The wheels are actually 16 x 8.25.  I haven't done anything to get them fit. I am on coilovers, but I am only about 0.5" lowered from stock height. Same as you, I have a fiberglass front air dam that I need color matched. That thing is gorgeous!

I also have the BRE rear spoiler as well. It takes some prep to paint it. Mine came with scratches/gouges and was unprepped. If you really want to be flawless, you will likely have to do some fiberglass repair to make it nice and smooth unfortunately. I didn't go that far. I just sanded, primed, and painted. I couldn't find a good color match without doing a custom mix so I just decided to go with black. Will probably get everything vinyl wrapped pretty soon here anyway.

69YYVX8.jpgg0wf4ci.jpgcjJyx0q.jpg

Edited by AlbatrossCafe

Yeah it's a ymmv thing with the bre spoiler. Mine got a tiny chip in one of the corners due to shipping. I'll fill it in and sand it before painting but it depends on how perfect you want it. I'm aiming for 10ft good (looks perfect from 10ft+ distance).