HybridZ

Rb26dett and AC?

ktown z

Yes you could, but you would be buying a lot of extra parts if you got the complete kit.

Maybe talk to MSA and see if they'll sell you the parts minus the compressor, bracket, belt and hoses and then order custom hoses online or take it to an AC shop.

Thanks for the info.  MSA stated they no longer have the kits and do not know when they will be available. I will look into the vintage air. I have the vintage air kit on my 69 camaro and love it. I wanted to keep the stock z controls. 

Talk to a local auto AC shop, they may be able to help you out with the conversion.

I'm staying L series, but my plan is to go to a modern compressor and have some custom hoses made up that let me connect to the stock evaporator and a new condenser. I think as long as my evaporator doesn't leak I should be able to build a decent R134 system that still uses the stock controls (because it still uses the stock parts in the dash).

• 1 month later...

Looking to do something similar to mine (although with an RB25DET) - What did you decide on?

I thought you could get an old refurbed unit for the engine and then just run the custom lines into the stock condenser/evaporator (or can I buy Rb25DET of these too) & controls for the 240z? Or am I being too simple?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2018 at 12:57 PM, ZT-R said:

i put a vintage air unit in mine. i haven't hooked it up yet but its all ready to go. i just had 2 hoses made, pretty simple.

Did you take any pics? Could you list what you had to buy? .. Did you go for the "lightweight" case for mocking up or just use the Unit itself under the dash?

I'd have to ship mine over to the UK so I don't want to end up having to pay shipping twice ideally!

• 2 weeks later...