HybridZ

70-78 Z Car Shell Wanted

Jeff9727

Looking for a shell. Only real requirement would be light to no rust. Planning to come back with a tubular frame, so the exterior is important. Preferably no rust on drip rails or rear hatch area. No rear hatch needed. Doors would be nice to have but not necessary. Like I said, looking for something to build a frame in. Preferably less than $1000. Preferably within 12 hours of Louisiana. Would consider arranging freight if shell is cheap enough.

Thanks!

Jeff

Hey Jeff, there is a guy in Daytona that had two 280z shells, now one. It is just the shell and had rust. No doors, fenders, hatch, etc stripped.  It was on Craigslist but expired.

I texted Ted him and he said he could get some pics. If you want his number PM. He only wanted $300 or $400 and had titles I think. 

Prices have sky rocketed. I looked at two 280z recently complete, rust and $2500 each. 6 years ago I paid $200 and $400 for similarly shaped cars. 

Edited by JSM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/23/2018 at 9:36 AM, JSM said:

Hey Jeff, there is a guy in Daytona that had two 280z shells, now one. It is just the shell and had rust. No doors, fenders, hatch, etc stripped.  It was on Craigslist but expired.

I texted Ted him and he said he could get some pics. If you want his number PM. He only wanted $300 or $400 and had titles I think. 

Prices have sky rocketed. I looked at two 280z recently complete, rust and $2500 each. 6 years ago I paid $200 and $400 for similarly shaped cars. 

Any chance this guy still has the car? I'm ready to buy

• 6 months later...