HybridZ

Traction controll on a Carburated Car?

I am not even sure it can be done, I've google around and can't really find, any info, but with the Z making ~350rwhp it gets scary at times, so I am looking into ways to put in even limited TC on the car, my first thought would be something with revs, and fuel pressure, but I can't really find anything.

Can it be done? I remember years ago, my old mechanic told me there was something they used on circle track\restrict. plate racing, that was done "in the spirit" of the rules that allowed them some decent controls, but I do not what it was/

You can use "slew rate" ignition timing control.  It changes timing if the engine RPM accelerate too fast.  Edit - to be clear, it uses rev-limiting, in whatever form that is.  

One example - https://www.hotrod.com/articles/msd-ignition-traction-control/

Edited by NewZed

I have been working on something like this for my lsz.

It is an arduino controller that will have 4 wheel hall sensors. It will then have a knob to adjust how much traction is "desired" i.e. no traction to warm tires up in the box or 95% for launching. The arduino would then be able to cut both spark and fuel from a cylinder.

I have about a 75% salution for the programming, I just have to get time to finish it.

I'm sure something similar could be adapted for a carb engine that cuts spark at the dizzy if you are any good at programming.

• Like 1