HybridZ

Where this tube belongs?

I have building my forever restoration project for three years. Lot things are missing but this tube i cannot figure where it belongs. Could you guys give me a hint?it belongs some under the dashboard, but I cannot figure out where.

794DB49D-E2CB-49A9-B344-7E133786F858.jpeg

That's out of a 260Z/280Z dash.  It's a "Tee" fitting that delivers vent and/or A/C air to a vent mounted under the steering column.  Mine is still up there under the dash but I doubt I can get a picture of it in place...  The duct work should be pictured or described in the Factory Service Manual for the 260Z and the US 280Z (at least the '75 and '76 280Z models here in the States). 

I can't remember if that is a "drivers side only" thing or if there are similar vents on driver and passenger sides - it's been along time since I've seen complete stock ductwork and vent pieces - I haven't ever fully reassembled mine even though I think I still have all the pieces...

Edited by cgsheen

This part is from a 78 280z. Thanks for the tips, but if you are correct I would need another similar tube? Unfortunately I haven't seen similar tube. Also I saw a eBay add which had only one tube and the air vents. I'm I mixing something or is the eBay add putting me off course? 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323171382157

Also why one of the outlet is blocked?

Edited by Blobber

Here's an example of the other vent I was referring to:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/70-78-DATSUN-240Z-260Z-280Z-UNDER-DASH-FRESH-AIR-VENT-WITH-PUSH-PULL-OPEN-CLOSE/221205489995?hash=item3380dfe94b:g:kFAAAOxyQj9RTxSD:sc:USPSFirstClass!85281!US!-1

It mounts under the steering column (and apparently there is one under the glove compartment as well...).  There are very good diagrams in the A/C FSM section that "jhm" linked above.  They show the ductwork and all of the vents available for models with factory A/C installed near the end of the section. 

I've seen those caps on the small tubing outlet before and I'm wondering if that's how the non-A/C models were equipped. 

That's almost correct...  Your center vent section is backwards (and upside down I think) - that small rectangular vent showing should be facing the front of the dash.  It's easier to put that in place after the dash is installed.

You're right. I actually put the rectangular piece just to take a picture and confirm the place. I was so excited to find the place for the tube. 😁 It was easier to install when the dash was on and it came there in a completely different way.