HybridZ

Billet Cnc Triple Carb Intake development.

DuffyMahoney

A buddy and I are designing a cnc billet triple intake. It’s based off of the harada. It will feature the ability to add a balance tube and come with needle bearings. Stock will be 45mm tubes. It will have a bridge, but it will mainly be for looks, it will attach to the same balance tube holes. Also throttle arms will be long enough to clear the starter circuit. It will use the harada parts that are available, like the connection rods, springs, Shepard’s hook and insulators. It will be customizable for intake runner lengths, bore etc...

I’m pretty excited on how it looks.

The basic idea is that a high end customize-able intake is missing in the Datsun triple world. I didn’t like the finish/ quality of the harada and some of the mechanics. So building my own. My buddy won’t mass produce them but for a high end build or someone that wants a specific design this will be great. Plus it’s fun to make and design. We should have the throttle shaft all designed and drawn today.  

37028761_10155829578073985_4309350806466854912_n.jpg

36918916_10155829578078985_7663431380847558656_n.jpg

36937374_10155829578058985_8716313313195065344_n.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/19/2018 at 10:11 PM, Leon said:

I'm not so sure about that cantilevered rod-end boss. That's a fatigue failure waiting to happen...

I had the same thought. Why not move it above the runner? But on the other hand, it doesn't take very much load. 

1 hour ago, LLave said:

I had the same thought. Why not move it above the runner? But on the other hand, it doesn't take very much load. 

It depends on how you set up the return springs. There will already be a load from each carb/TB with an additional load if a tension spring is used as an auxiliary return. A torsion aux return spring would help reduce loading.

Something else I just noticed, there are three throttle rod supports and the manifold is actually three individual pieces. It's held together via a bolt-in support. The position of that middle (redundant) throttle rod boss is going to be very hard to control and will likely lead to throttle rod bind, which will then make for a sticky return to idle and require heavy return springs thereby putting more stress on that cantilevered boss. You'd be better off having the manifold be one piece and consider removing the redundant throttle rod support.

Better late than never I suppose, I'm curious if this project ever got past the design phase!