HybridZ

71 240z antenna parts needed.

Duff

In 1988 I bought a 71 Scarab conversion Z figuring I would do a "frame off" restoration. All these years later I  am In the final stages. I have returned to an all Nissan Z , selling off the Scarab parts and installing  83 ZX motor and transmission. After all this time I seemed to have misplaced some antenna parts, now I am looking to see if anyone has a nonworking one they are willing to part with. I need the inner and outer covers that go over the black cone like spool inside. 

Thanks,

Duff

• 2 weeks later...

Duff,  I have a couple on the shelf.  Two cam from 73, 240s and one from a 78, 280.  I don't know if they are what you want but I'm reasonably certain that all of the early cars use the same one.  You can have it for the whooping sum of ZERO bucks plus shipping.  Oooo what a deal!  After all these years have passed, I feel the need to give you a "hand up" for motivational purposes.  Please contact me if you want it, Tom.  843  450  6512

6 minutes ago, Mayolives said:

Duff,  I have a couple on the shelf.  Two cam from 73, 240s and one from a 78, 280.  I don't know if they are what you want but I'm reasonably certain that all of the early cars use the same one.  You can have it for the whooping sum of ZERO bucks plus shipping.  Oooo what a deal!  After all these years have passed, I feel the need to give you a "hand up" for motivational purposes.  Please contact me if you want it, Tom.  843  450  6512

Im just looking for a antenna that’s not broke. I have a good motor , but the antenna is snapped off. I’d pay for shipping for one , hell , I’ll buy you Starbucks 😁

Edited by madkaw

I will gladly give you one of mine that still has the antenna in place.  However, it's rusted and the rubber parts are dried and broken.  If you do have a good motor,  I believe that MSA sells the mast part and they are not expensive.  I could be wrong but probably in the twenty buck territory.  Check them out and let me know what you decide to do, Tom.

Duff,   Earlier today I was searching for a part at zcardepot.com.  They also have several choices that may help you ranging from a $19.00 manual antenna to their best one, a $65.00 fully automatic.  I know what I would do in order to have decent radio reception.  You can chose to deal with a forty year old piece or replace it with a much better one that doesn't cost an arm and leg.  Please don't misunderstand me.  The one on my shelf is still yours for the taking if you decide that is what you want. I have been dealing with "Mat" at the depot.  He is always dependable and manages to ship my orders quickly. Tom 

17 hours ago, Mayolives said:

I will gladly give you one of mine that still has the antenna in place.  However, it's rusted and the rubber parts are dried and broken.  If you do have a good motor,  I believe that MSA sells the mast part and they are not expensive.  I could be wrong but probably in the twenty buck territory.  Check them out and let me know what you decide to do, Tom.

Thanks for the reply . So the chrome antenna stem is rusty? I don’t care about any other parts. The problem is finding the correct antenna stem diameter to repair an older antenna . Plus the antenna stem is made in a specific way to be motorized . 

Yes.  My mast parts are in bad condition.  One is broken the other, bent.  That's why I chose not to use them.  I'm not sure about the condition of the motors.  I've never tested them.  When I last needed an antenna, a friend gave me an used after market one that was manual and worked fine.  However, it was mated to a new, $60.00 Ebay Pioneer radio that was very basic, and of non "audiophile" quality.  I always spend the dollars on making the z cars I deal in run well and look good, not on sound systems unless a customer wants to upgrade.  This has only happened one time over the past several years and I had the buyer work directly with a sound system shop to design and install it.  It would appear that many people today use a secondary source for music in their cars., like an I-pod or cell phone.