HybridZ
Cable

I might be returning from the dead loyal Z fans...

Hey guys, after a 6 hiatus I might be returning with yet another Z project. Going full tilt this time, backhalf/tubbed, LS, and a big effing turbo.

Found a '75 that has been sitting for 25 years. As long as the deal goes through, I will starting surgery this Winter.

received_2115425835339003.jpeg

Edited by Cable
  • Like 1

Dunno. Haven't actually seen the car is person. The floors could be toast, but that doesn't matter since most would probably get cut and replaced during the tubbing. As long as the body itself isn't bad, I will still grab it. 

Edited by Cable

Got to see it in person today. Cancer in the passenger side quarter near the rocket panel. Minor cancer in both doors. Driver side window and window regulator gone. Definitely a project car.

The only thing that concerns me is the mfr date is 9/75. Would that make it a 76?

Unfortunately you might be right. I read elsewhere October 1st is the cutoff off point. Guess I will know soon. 1975 no smog in California. 1976+ have to smog, but fortunately I live in a county that doesn't do annual smog testing, just title change smog tests. So just gotta pay a friend and never do it again.

20180825_110103.jpg

Looking forward to the build.  I enjoyed reading your old threads, got a lot of inspiration and ideas for my current project (L59 going in a 280z), especially the truck alternator bracket idea.  That's a neat trick to save some money.