HybridZ
Cable

Returning from the Dead Loyal Z fans...

Dunno. Haven't actually seen the car is person. The floors could be toast, but that doesn't matter since most would probably get cut and replaced during the tubbing. As long as the body itself isn't bad, I will still grab it. 

Edited by Cable

Yup. The plan is to go full tilt this time. 4 link, 10 or 12 point cage, narrowed Dana 60 (40 spline Strange chromemoly gun drilled axles, Winters Spool, etc), LS with a 75mm+ turbo running on E85.

Edited by Cable

Got to see it in person today. Cancer in the passenger side quarter near the rocket panel. Minor cancer in both doors. Driver side window and window regulator gone. Definitely a project car.

The only thing that concerns me is the mfr date is 9/75. Would that make it a 76?

Unfortunately you might be right. I read elsewhere October 1st is the cutoff off point. Guess I will know soon. 1975 no smog in California. 1976+ have to smog, but fortunately I live in a county that doesn't do annual smog testing, just title change smog tests. So just gotta pay a friend and never do it again.

Edited by Cable

Picked up a 5.3 pull out from a 2009 Tahoe with low miles. Had one bad DoD lifter (#8 exhaust). Pulled the heads to change all 16 lifters with LS7 replacements, new lifter trays, JTR 220/224 cam, LS9 head gaskets, and ARP head studs. Had the heads checked at the local machine shop and had him swap the stock single valve springs for a BTR 660" double valve spring kit.

New replacement F-Body oil pan, windage tray, dipstick/tube, and pickup just showed up today.

00909_9aHoUtCBy9C_1200x900.jpg

20190303_104804.jpg

20190303_121213.jpg

20190226_184108.jpg

20190303_121509.jpg

20190303_121518.jpg

Looking forward to seeing your progress with this engine! I am planning to use a similar engine for my project but I haven't seen a lot of people go this route (Gen IV). What are you going to use transmission wise? I've been looking into pairing the TR6060 with the LMG for a low-milage, cheapish LS swap.

On 3/16/2019 at 10:34 AM, Whitley_280z_2+2 said:

Looking forward to seeing your progress with this engine! I am planning to use a similar engine for my project but I haven't seen a lot of people go this route (Gen IV). What are you going to use transmission wise? I've been looking into pairing the TR6060 with the LMG for a low-milage, cheapish LS swap.

This is a LMG 5.3 as well. Originally was planning on going with a Powerglide with a transbrake, etc. Decided on a TH400 instead with a custom transbrake that will allow me to leave in 2nd gear.

Engine is done and buttoned up.

20190315_074245.jpg