HybridZ

Single Turbo Manifolds

softopz

Hey guys slowly gathering parts here for the future JZ swap. I will be running CX mounts and gt3582 just want to know if theres a single manifold design to stay away from in terms of clearing shock tower. What are you guys running?

I was thinking the lines of a cheap manifold and have my friend add some nice thick welds as reinforcements.

I have the engine mounts already . Do you have tranny mounts for r154.  Geno what didnt you like about the motor mounts to forward?

I wasnt going with the cast log pieces I was thinking along the tlines header/tubular manifold. I need some input because I read up some of the 2jz vvti motors had clearning issues. I think its the water neck Im not 100% sure though. 

I didn't like a lot of things with the mounts. The biggest were how far forward the motor sits, the positioning/lean of the engine in the bay.

I can confirm that the Supra store and Greddy manifolds fit with a larger turbo than a GT35 series on them. So if you go that route you'll be fine.