HybridZ

help don,t know what i have

I have car number HLS30-04***. not sure of the year but it was imported by the original owner. the car was taken apart and painted and never put back together. every thing is bagged and tagged. just trying to figured out what we have. Any help would be great.

Not to ask a silly question, but is the vehicle ID tag on the driver's side door jam?  If not, it's probably in one of your parts bags.  It will tell you lots of helpful info, including production month and year.

1 hour ago, NewZed said:

Aren't the Japan cars called Fairlady's?  

Anyway, kind of a dull thread without pictures.

If the VIN he supplied is correct, it's not a Japanese car, since the L in HLS30 signifies the car being left hand drive.

The OP needs to provide more information, and pictures are necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah HLS30...  That's not JDM usually.  He might have bought it in Japan, but for the US market, who knows. There's few records.   We'd need the full vin to be able to realy search anything. HLS30-004xxx would be an earlier car, but could be a 260z too.  If you get us a picture of the Vinplate it'll tell even more since we'd be able to see what the engine is supposed to be etc. 

That being said, if it's sitting in boxes, then it's a project with no real worth other than parts (I need a decent dash ;-) ) until you put it together.  Download the FSM off xenons30 and go from there.  only you can tell us what you have. We can give you estimates based on what you tell us but until then it's just conjecture.  We will be able to tell you what goes where and a general process for putting it together.  Obviously we're not going to be able to do it for you, nor would we want to. But don't be thinking you're sitting on a gold mine, unless your car has some really rare parts, such as anything that says 432 on it. Hagarty can help you with insuring it even while it's a project, so you might look into that.  Otherwise give us more pictures, We are a hungry lot and a picture is worth 1000 words.

Phar

• Like 1