HybridZ

Paul Newman Championship Racecar on Sale!

mutantZ

If a Bob Sharp valvecover goes for 1k, how much does a whole car go for? Never mind the fact that's the Paul Newman car. If only I had that kind of loot.

https://www.motorcarclassics.com/1979-datsun-280zx-paul-newman-championship-racecar-c-191.htm

I'm not a huge "racecar" fan. I never understood why people spend what seems like zillions on cars that have raced...

But there are TWO race cars that I could 100% justify buying if I had more money than god like many people seem to have nowaday.

This is half of them. 

God damn is that cool.

2 hours ago, Neverdone said:

I'm not a huge "racecar" fan. I never understood why people spend what seems like zillions on cars that have raced...

But there are TWO race cars that I could 100% justify buying if I had more money than god like many people seem to have nowaday.

This is half of them. 

God damn is that cool.

So you do understand

Genuine vintage racing cars with history bring big money these days, because rich guys are buying them to race at the Monterey Historics and other events.  The high "snob appeal" vintage races require genuine cars from the day with history.  Replicas need not apply.  Having been Paul Newman's car....is of course icing on the cake.

I wager that car will bring north of $250K when it sells.

It sure doesn't look as cool as the IMSA GTU versions....which had much bigger wheels/tires and fender flares.  CP rules were much more restrictive.

Edited by Ironhead

• 1 month later...