HybridZ

Dash cap removal

pochie45566

Ive got a 78' 280z that I'm pretty sure has a vac leak somewhere behind the dash because I am not getting any heat and all the vac lines look ok in the under the hood. Could be the solenoids (worth checking before I remove the dash?)  Not getting front defog either so it clearly lost vac at the heater door. 

Anyway, I need to remove the dash to get to the lines back there but the last owner installed a dash cap so I can't get to the bolts needed to remove it. I think these are glued down though? So I am a bit stumped. Any help would be appreciated!

Does the dash cap prevent the dash finisher (Instrument Garnish) from being removed?  There are a few bolts under the finisher - at the bottom of the windshield, the rest are under the dash and shouldn't require removal of the cap.  Unless you can't get the finisher off...

Most dash caps glue on but you probably won't know what they used until you try to remove it.  Good luck.