HybridZ

i bought my zx a couple years ago now my goal is partially a restomod but also creating a racecar setup. at the moment im finsihing up with my engine work including intake with pallnet rail and new injectors and the works and a header thats all fine and dandy but my big issue is the body! originally the only rust i found was the spare wheel well but that turned into small patches on all for quarters and passenger floor pan and rails, battery box, to my current discovery the windshield area both on the roof and the wiper cowl.

with my lack of experience in body work i cut out the passenger floor and welded in some new steel not have bad for a rookie. i already planned on buying new fibergalss fenders for the front so no need to fix the fenders and i think i can handle the rear quarters but don't know how to work with the windshield trim areas. unlike the s30 the cowl doesn't unbolt so obviously i have to drill out tack welds. and i dont even know what im going to do with roof at the moment but im looking for advice from someone thats had to repair these particular areas before and i know i should have bought a new shell long ago but im in this one deep plus this has been the greatest learning project possible. 

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0575.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0746.JPG

IMG_0748.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its probably a bit late but I'm sure there is somewhere that sells the floor sections to weld in, however I'm yet to find anything for the windscreen areas and my lower windscreen area is a lot worse than yours. I have asked a few people that have been wrecking cars if they want to cut the section and the odd person that is keen changes their mind when they find out I'm on the other side of the world.

As far as floor pans go I’ve found a few places with complete replacements for a cleaner replacement but you’d spend a good chunk of change if you need as much repair. Website is along the lines of “showcars-bodyworks.com” will have to google it because the link was weird for me but they sell a lot of replacement body parts in steel and fiberglass. But as far as wiper cowl section I went a ballsy and went for the repair I cut out the entire wiper section probably not how it should have been but I’m a rookie.! Who knows might just end up scraping the body but I’m gonna give it a go. It only hurts my wallet to try but it’s also future knowledge.

95612236-D99F-4781-8EAA-BFF4B68431E1.jpeg