HybridZ

260z - Part Identification

260z, 7/74, engine bay, front driver side.

Team,

Can someone help identify the part depicted in the attached image? 

It is located in the engine bay, towards the front beneath the coil and adjacent the radiator.

Just completed an L28et swap and in the process of cleaning up the wiring harness. I've traced the wires to the alternator and beyond into the cabin. There were also wires traced to the driver side of the old engine (solid green and green with yellow stripe). I've looked through the '74 260z wiring diagram and cannot find it.

Your help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Aaron

20181013_113112.jpg

• 1 year later...

Although the original post is more than 2 years old, I figured I would leave this here for future reference.

The images that I found that seem to match come from 1974 FSM from xenonzcar.com

GY wire may relate to the EGR soleniod and the G wire "maybe be the water temp sensor that goes to EGR relay.

image.png.dcd576ac95fa6fa26cb40ed5385e3bcf.png

As stated in the replies above, the relay DOES appear to be the seatbelt warning relay...They are shown on both the manual as well as the manual FSM. I cannot verify if that is 100% true; however, below is a pic from the A/T diagram that also mirrors the manual for this specific relay. The wires do appear to match the colors on the diagram and the connector and pinout also appear to be the same.

image.png.8b750368208f1fe64c8703d67c5a4f73.png