HybridZ

Wheel offset need advice

hey guys I'm currently wheel shopping for my 75 280z. I have cxracing coil overs and zg flares waiting to be mounted.

im getting diamond racing steelies, 16x8 or 16x10 just unsure on the offset.

I was thinking 16x8 -38 front and 16x8 -51 rear.  will that fill the flares or is that overkill?

the flares are 2" for the front and 3" for the rear.

does anyone know the specs of these wheels? I know they are 15x10 but I couldn't find the offset.

or any recommendations on offset would help

post-22866-008368200%201326745391.jpg

Those are pretty aggressive offsets you're considering; so to answer your question....yes, they would certainly "fill" the flares; and could quite possibly exceed the flares, depending on your tire choice.  Tire selection will be a big consideration obviously.  Low aspect tires on the thin side obviously require way less clearance from the fenders & flares than wider rubber.  There are other factors that will play a role as well:  how much is the suspension lowered, how much neg camber are you running, etc, etc. 

I would definitely invest in a wheel mockup tool to ensure your planned setup will work before dropping the change on new parts.  You can even make your own measurement tool with some simple hardware.

Finally, you are aware that some DRW use differing lug tapers on their lug nut holes, I'm assuming?  Using the wrong tapered lug nut can be a major safety issue.