HybridZ

New to s130 chassis and wanted to say hello

240zdex

Hey guys I’m new to the s130 chassis and I’m a bit of a story teller so I’ll try to keep my post short.

i had gotten this car on a barter and I was only interested in it for the engine and rear diff for my 240z project(now sold)

the car is an 81 zxt and is in poor shape and was destined to be parted out but the guy who had givin me the car failed to mention he had every single document from new till 2016.

once I had loaded the car on my trailer he had handed my wife a binder and said this gos with the car and to have me take a look at it before parting it out.

after reviewing the papers and having my 7 year old ask me if I had gotten it for him I decided to let him keep it.

fast forward 3 months and all I’ve done was install a drivers door window and door handle because they were missing when I got it.this week we had bought some s13 bc coilovers,headlight covers,manual boost controller and boost gauge.

my plan with this car is to drive it this summer and attack one goal at a time while keeping its down time minimal.

it will need to have both floor pans replaced at some point and it has a bit of rust on the body and a bunch of dents.

ideally I want to have the rust replaced first but have been down that rabbit hole before on my 240z’s and never got to drive them because I kept saying might as well just do it all at one time and getting in over my head.

so I think I’m going to start with the coilovers and wheels and tires first.

then the engine stuff a few weeks later then rust and paint In the winter. 

2658A087-F75F-4A43-975E-F3974AD39A50.jpeg

CAE62828-9CD8-4F22-BBF6-88E329EAA78B.jpeg

178815D6-BC95-4675-B1D9-D000D7A987D4.jpeg

43AF4F02-97DD-4796-AF77-56D184FCB8D6.jpeg