HybridZ

No fast idle when cold

Hey guys, 

So here's my problem. I have my operating temperature idle set at about 775 and on my average morning when I start the car to go anywhere, the car lopes, idles low, and wants to die. It runs rich when cold at around 10.0 AFR roughly which is normal for a cold car. The main issue though is just the dying of the engine until it is up to operating temperature. 

Heres what I've done. New water temp sensor, new vacuum lines (except for brake booster and a few small others), new AFM, new AAR, Cleaned TB, EGR delete (egr still in place. Vac leak?), New pcv valve and hose. 

I could really use some guidance on where to go from here. Ive checked most systems through the ecu and they all check out within spec. My car is a 78 280z with a stock motor, only modification is a dual exhaust with MSA 3-2 headers, but this problem was occurring before the exhaust was in place. Could this be a matter of adjusting the AAR? Except I've never figured out how. Any modification I make to the set screw never does anything it seems. 

Have you cleaned or replaced the thermistor next to the temp sensor ?

Is the AAR working ? If it is you should be able to pinch the hose when it’s cold and it should effect the idle . Sounds like your not getting the additional air during cold warm up . You could also visually check the valve is working . 

Almost sounds like your engine is idling off of the AAR valve , so maybe your butterfly is closed ?