HybridZ

Am I crazy?

naviathan

The original Devil Z - read 'em and weap S130 haters :) The 280ZX is a capable car and proven itself countless times. People have long hated on it and will continue to do so just like the red headed step child of the Z car lineage - the Z31.  Of course few, if any, of those who hate on these models have owned a decent version of said cars.  So given time and the unavailbility of an S30 and the inability of most Millenials to even tell the difference between an S30 and S130 the prices continue to rise.

https://oppositelock.kinja.com/wangans-infamous-blackbird-porsche-930-turbo-1520243773

vqrhsps8iwpz.jpg

Prices of S130's will never be anywhere near the price of S30's.

It's an 80's ugly car without having the charm of being an 80's box.

I'm sure, as a car, they are better in basically every way then the S30. But people are always going to take the better looking one. This is true for everything.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 79 tin-top coupe. I assumed the s130 was the red-headed stepchild.I see z31s and 32s regularly. The ONLY s130 I’ve seen on the road (I’m 36) is my car. I saw it driving 20 years ago. When any so called Z person here finds out what gen I have all I hear is disappointment in their voice. They say I’ve bought a “fat one”, it has less power than the s30 etc...

Edited to add: By ‘here’, I mean my town not this site.

Edited by 79Tin

• 1 month later...

Might add that to get a 2+0 I had to import one from Japan, that was years ago and it's still with me. Currently getting a LS3/6L80E transplant for circuit action. Treasure your 2+0's Murrica, just because they might be still common should not affect their desirability, with some front end smoothing they look schmik.

RG-3928.jpg

Edited by 260DET

• 2 months later...

Hmmm....I'm stupid and wouldn't mind a second S130.  Might have to browse Commifornia Craigslist listings.  But the sun has probably destroyed everything on the inside.  When I bring it back to GA, I can remove all that smog nonsense.