HybridZ

I am selling my 1973 Datsun 240Z. Bought as roller without engine/trans in 2011/2012. Previous owner/s have changed the roof and various parts, so some of the stuff i pulled out was off a 260z/ 280z and there might still be some mixed parts on it. That and all the modifications pretty much eliminate this as a show car. Do not buy this thinking it can be restored to show car quality. It would take far more than would make economic sense. This is purely made to run quick/fast, not to look pretty. It's raw and needs muscle to be driven. It has manual brakes without booster and manual steering without power assistance. You need to be strong like bull. But it is rewarding! If you dare you can get 0-60 in just over 4 seconds, while carrying a passenger. I've never felt the need to put effort into it, but I am certain it'll crack the 4 second mark if you just lower the tire pressure... This is a great handling, light weight car with balls! Once you get used to its noise and raw roughness or like me, fall in love with it, this car is AWESOME! Took it to tracks and autocross events and thoroughly enjoyed the @#$% out of it every time i drove it, but I am almost done building me next racecar and I need the funds to focus and finish it up...

Now to the great things about this car. I'm just going to list as much as I can and I'll save some details for when you come to see it:

• SOLID 1997 Pontiac Trans Am LT1 V8 with 310 hp at around 5250 rpm and a torque curve that starts well above 320 ft. lbs. from the word go all the way into the rev limiter. Max torque 340 ft. lbs. Stand-alone engine harness and Howell Engineering computer, tune-able, obviously
  • T56 manual 6-speed transmission out of the same 1997 Pontiac Trans Am
  • S1 Sequential Shifter that translates forward/ backward motion into the H-pattern - yeah, it's awesome!
  • R200 rear diff with a fantastic Quaife ATB torque biased helical limited slip differential upgrade and 3.545 final drive ratio
  • Nissan Armada CV jointed half shafts
  • LED sealed beam replacement headlights with aero covers
  • Both, front and back bumpers lightened (not good for crash resistance, so be aware)
  • Fiberglass bumper covers, front and back, front with lower air dam
  • Fiberglass fenders
  • Fiberglass hood with vents and secured by lockable aerocatch latches
  • Fiberglass cowl
  • Fiberglass flares
  • Wilwood brakes (almost 13" all around) with 6 piston front calipers and 4 piston rears - high temp fluid, track disks, track pads, biasing valve installed
  • Complete Arizona Z car suspension kit with billet control arms etc pp, which keeps the rear control arms straight while the vehicle is lowered!
  • 5-lug Rota wheels 17x9 front and 17x9.5 rear with Nitto NT01s in 255/40/17 fronts and 275/40/17 rears
  • Autopower bolt in 10 point roll cage
  • NRG hub and deep dish steering wheel with quick disconnect and lockable cover
  • Custom light weight polycarbonate dash board
  • Dakota Digital gauge cluster with 0-60 timer and 1/4 mile timer and couple neat functions
  • Ignition activated dash cam with GPS
  • Corbeau racing seats on sliders, forth and back adjustable!
  • Schroth ASM harness belts
  • Fuel-Safe bladder fuel tank with functioning level sensor and external high flow filter and Mallory pump
  • Fiberglass deck lid spoiler
  • American Autowire chassis harness

Clean California title

Made in 1973, this car is PRE-smog and does not have to go to smog inspection!

Current registration

Asking price $12,500.00

Located in San Diego

DSC06912.JPG

HPDE 1-2 Turn 9 Inside (Session 3) AC3_7245_May2017_CaliPhoto.jpg

2012-11-17 11.10.31.jpg

Edited by kenny_b
SOLD

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, evildky said:

The car pictured is a late 74 260Z or a 75-78 280Z. The vin # for the 260Z reads "RLS30" the 280Z will read "HLS30". The remaining 6 characters are the production number and will us what year it was built.

Looks like it has the piece on the back under the tail lights that 77/78 280Zs had, so I'm thinking it's probably a late 280Z. I doubt anyone would put one on if it didn't already have it. 

17 hours ago, calZ said:

He mentioned it had a bunch of mixed parts and that it's registered with a clean title.

It's got 280 front and 280 back, the vine number will tell for sure what year it is. Title sounds like it might be wrong, might be an issue getting an out of state transfer if it's titled incorrectly. The vin is what matters when licencing.

The car pictured WAS a 73 240Z. I have the title.  Matching vin on car. I'm currently taking it apart and have sold a few things already. However, note the 73-ish remark in the title of the thread. Almost nothing was left original as all I cared for was racing it. And I bought it as roller, which means someone else had at it before me... Some parts off it were even '78s. But the vin still suggests a 73. Anyway, moot point now... I've taken the new race car (2010 nismo 370z LS3 V8) out a couple of times and there's no going back :-)

Sure glad some people know better what car it is than me though. Almost believed I could compare numbers and letters HAHA. What vin should I find after converting to 5 lug wheels? Would that make the frame at least a 300ZX?