HybridZ

L28ET Intake Manifold Flange Dimensions

Luke280turbo

Onshape Import of Solidworks document, fork and modify! The Open Source way. :-)

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/62ec8d4c1b6a326b006e0e4f/w/829e4a2841936f5429ec421d/e/db10d8b7ab8801d4d61a16c5

1042105159_L28IntakeFlange.thumb.png.7d1223b5886393cca16c87ba78c90ad3.png

FlangeDimensioned.thumb.png.9086a115031c1b4fcf6eb84f04718629.png

Note that this is based off of Ron Tyler's flange he made (or had made?) which is spec'ed to the tube he used witch had a 1.5ID for the port size, with a centerline raised, so that the floor of that 1.5 landed on the stock port floor. If you wanted to use stock diameter runners, you'd want to move the centerline down. More/most ideal would be to undersize the hole, then bolt it to your head and match it.

Hope that helps you out.

Side note, ballpark to get a basic flat sheet/bar stock in .5" thickness, cut from online vendors ranges from $190-260 for 6061-T6. If you find someone local who can water jet or laser cut .5" stock, you can likely bring your own aluminum and have it cut for a reasonable price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Gollum Any idea what the demand for these is? I was trained on our CNC machine at work the other day and I'm really wanting to machine one for myself and weld my own manifold. I would consider cutting a few of these if people are interested.

Edited by jkelly

According to what I've seen Blake (1fastZ) say recently, you could likely make 10 and have them in stock for sale for about 5-10 years...

That said, the recent intake group buy had a lot of buy in, buy also had a lot of angry customers. If you can provide a complete product for cheap there tends to be interest. But a DIY product or something more than a blue collar paycheck and it's going to sit.

18 hours ago, Gollum said:

According to what I've seen Blake (1fastZ) say recently, you could likely make 10 and have them in stock for sale for about 5-10 years...

That said, the recent intake group buy had a lot of buy in, buy also had a lot of angry customers. If you can provide a complete product for cheap there tends to be interest. But a DIY product or something more than a blue collar paycheck and it's going to sit.

Yeah that makes sense. Not everyone has access to a TIG welder or wants to bother with fabricating their own. A complete product would sell better, you're right.

3 hours ago, HuD 91gt said:

Pending price, I’d buy one.

Intake manifold is on my project list.

Sounds good. I'll keep you in mind when I'm going forward with my manifold.

i can make them out of steel, not aluminum, price would depend on thickness / demand but i can probably get a few made between 120-200 depending on thickness / finish. message me for details

edit: for clarification, would be laser cut just the flat pattern

Edited by nzarano

• 3 months later...
On 4/4/2019 at 8:30 PM, jkelly said:

@Gollum Any idea what the demand for these is? I was trained on our CNC machine at work the other day and I'm really wanting to machine one for myself and weld my own manifold. I would consider cutting a few of these if people are interested.

LMK if you are going to  cut some of these flanges.  I am also looking to do a custom intake manifold. 

• 11 months later...
On 1/24/2019 at 12:26 AM, Gollum said:

Onshape Import of Solidworks document, fork and modify! The Open Source way. :-)

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/62ec8d4c1b6a326b006e0e4f/w/829e4a2841936f5429ec421d/e/db10d8b7ab8801d4d61a16c5

1042105159_L28IntakeFlange.thumb.png.7d1223b5886393cca16c87ba78c90ad3.png

*gravedigging*

As I am informing myself on building an intake manifold I found this thread and the original(?)

From what I have gathered, the injector spacing in the 3d model is wrong, it should be like this InjectorLocations.png

Source: https://forums.hybridz.org/topic/70721-l28-injector-spacing-port-dimensions/?do=findComment&comment=669440

Edited by Ereschkigal