HybridZ

Cad files for 240z?

nzarano

Anyone have cad files for the 240z? would love to have the hubs / suspension parts to maybe design some bake upgrade brackets, would also like an engine bay layout to maybe work on routing some lines in cad etc

anything would help! thank you

For most/all parts, you're probably on your own to measure and model the stock parts. A lot of the work has probably already been done, but by individuals and organizations that sell parts for these cars, and they probably aren't too inclined to share.

With vehicles of this vintage, you're probably better off making your own measurements anyway. 

• 3 weeks later...

Tomorrow I'm having my 280z laser scanned. I'll be creating a cad model based upon the scan. I have to pay for the laser scan and I'll have time vested into the CAD portion, so I'll most likely charge for any files.

If your hardware/software can handle point clouds, I can setup an FTP for you to download the .rcp and .pvp files. That's Autodesk ReCap and Virtusurv.

• 1 year later...