HybridZ

Just picked up a 260 with a 5.0 swap...speedo question

mpdlawdog

I just dragged this baby home 2400 miles round trip in 2 1/2 days!  Motor is a fuel injected 5.0 (302) and t-5 out of a 90 mustang....and so on....she’s quick to say the least....anyway.  Anyone figure out how to make the factory speedometer work with this set up or have a solution???  Surprisingly every thing else works! 

F5AE195B-41EF-495C-AA06-413896023AB7.jpeg

CFA77DFC-F683-4063-B03E-B5F1DAB5A0C1.jpeg

I just used a Ford speedometer cable.  The size and thread pitch is close enough that it started to jam just as it got tight.  I am using a world class T-5 with the sensor out of a T-5 meant for a 2.3 litre Ford.  I was surprised to find the reading was within two mph at 70.  I don't remember where I purchased the cable but it was a standard Ford unit from an aftermarket supplier.  

8 hours ago, 585Z said:

I just used a Ford speedometer cable.  The size and thread pitch is close enough that it started to jam just as it got tight.  I am using a world class T-5 with the sensor out of a T-5 meant for a 2.3 litre Ford.  I was surprised to find the reading was within two mph at 70.  I don't remember where I purchased the cable but it was a standard Ford unit from an aftermarket supplier.  

Thanks for the Info!  Ill give it a try!!!!