HybridZ

WTB: 82-83 Turbo Distributor and input shaft

Ian Summers

1 hour ago, Ian Summers said:

I'm presently building a 280z and would like to run a megasquirt for my ignition... so here I am. 

Anyone have an 82-83 dizzy or input shaft they'd be willing to let go of?

- Ian

Do you mean the turbo distributor/CAS?  With the disc with the holes?  The NA distributor is really no different than a 280Z distributor.  You could even use a Pertronix-converted 240Z distributor.  

On 2/20/2019 at 3:38 PM, NewZed said:

Do you mean the turbo distributor/CAS?  With the disc with the holes?  The NA distributor is really no different than a 280Z distributor.  You could even use a Pertronix-converted 240Z distributor.  

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Thank for you asking/clarifying; I'm going to edit the post now.

Edited by Ian Summers

On 2/26/2019 at 11:22 AM, cgsheen said:

You may be able to get the spindle new from Nissan still.  That won't help you with the distributor body, but it may be another resource.

I can source the spindle new, yep. Looks to be about $120-$130, and a similar price for a new distributor with the CAS in it as well. I figured I'd post a thread on here to see if anyone had an extra that they would like to turn into cash and maybe I could save a few dollars. 

Thanks

On 2/26/2019 at 7:51 AM, malibud said:

no just N/A 

Thanks for having a look anyway

Edited by Ian Summers

• 2 weeks later...