HybridZ

77' 280z Stock volt gauge/LS alternator

Hi, anyone got the stock volt gauge working with an ls swap?

My sytem is charging according to my fitech handheld but nothing on the gauge.

I presume my problem is the charging light not working on the gauge, bulb is good i tested it, but i dont know where to hook up the "L" wire on my LS alternator...

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Just to be clear....are you saying that the gauge is not reading at all, and the charge light is not working either?

For starters, the gauge can be connected to any hot lead (and ground) in your electrical system, and it should read just fine.  You can verify this with a standalone multimeter.  And then once the gauge is reading correctly, the charging bulb is pretty much irrelevant IMHO.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding the issue and didn't address your problem.

Gauge is not reading and light wasnt working yes....

I did a wiring cleanup when doing my swap and the charging light is not hooked anymore, but i have 12v on the gauge red/white wire.

Seems like the gauge needs something else to work correctly, it was working before my swap....

I can get the charging light working by putting voltage on the blue wire but the gauge is still not reading voltage at all....