HybridZ

Solid rear axle questions

fusion

Hello everyone, new member here.  Just bought a solid 1976 280z roller and planning to do forced induction LS/t56 restomod.  I had a question about the rear axle.  I want to run a solid rear, probably a Ford 9" with a 4 link setup.  I don't really care about the handling, just want a bulletproof setup.  I know this has been done before, mostly in drag cars.   I looked around to see if any vendors offered a 4 link setup for the S30, but couldn't find anything.  So I am assuming I will have to adapt a universal kit.  Has anyone done this?  

Specific questions:

1) does anyone sell a 4 link for this car?

2) has anyone had luck adapting a 4 link kit?

3) I understand there will be fabrication required, but would like to avoid backhalf/ tube frame

4) does a solid axle require notching of the frame rails to allow for stock or lower ride height?

5) pics of solid axle setups?

6) other considerations?

Thanks!

Unless you have your heart set on a solid rear end, there's actually a few options for Ford IRS rear end conversions.  ZCarDepot makes a kit; there's a guy here building a kit (InvincibleExtremes), and Apex Engineering is planning to release a kit in the near future.

If you're definitely set on a 4 link setup, you should check out some of the builds on FB "Swapped S30 Owners Group".

Thanks for your comments.  After reading that many people were still searching/designing a great IRS solution, it really cemented my thought of a solid axle.  

Too bad the swapped owners group is on Facebook.  I don't have Facebook and don't want it.  Any of those guys on this site?